How much?? - cabsmanuk
The only VW dealership in Milton Keynes recently moved into a swish new showroom and workshop. It is more like the entrance to a posh hotel than a car showroom. A person stacking a shelf with windscreen washer additive was able to take time making sure that the bottles were spaced accurately and the labels all facing forwards. It even had what looked like a small café for the benefit of customers. The piped music added to the opulent surroundings. I had gone there to find out how much it would cost to fit a cd autochanger to my 2 month old Sharan. The Sharan already has the facility for CD’s in the standard dashboard radio cassette, all it needs is the autochange fitting in the back. As I was waiting to be served, I wondered how much the showroom had cost and who would pay for it. I soon found out. To fit the autochanger (excluding the existing radio cassette) would cost £385 plus vat for the parts and another £75 plus vat to fit it. A grand total of £540. The salesman kept a straight face as he told me. I said that I would be hard pushed to spend more than £300 on a top of the range item from Halfords including fitting. I can’t imagine that it costs more than £50 to manufacture the unit and I’m not against businesses making a profit but overcharging like this a joke.
How much?? - Hugo {P}
I had this when I was thinking of fitting a CD changer to the Xantia.

Citroen Dealership - £299 + VAT

Plymouth Car Radio etc - £199 - same spec unit.

The only way we'll ever get these jokers to stop treating Joe Public with complete contempt is to vote with our feet.

Halfords - here we come!

Hugo
How much?? - CMark {P}
Hi Cabsmanuk,
I have just been looking at this issue for my G-wagon:
www.add-a-cdchanger.co.uk
can supply an Alpine 6-cd changer with interface for my M-B Becker factory head unit for £200 inc VAT and free delivery.

Last week I fitted a Kenwood head unit and 10-disc changer to an new Isuzu Trooper for an ambassador. It took me about 30 minutes and needed no special tools/ special skill. Or have a friendly chat with your local ICE dealer.