Omega battery/alternator warning light - Ian J
My battery/alternator red warning stays on when driving, and also has the effect of randomly causing other engine abs airbag warning lights to flick on and off.
I tested voltage at battery and was around 12 volts dropping to approximately 10 under load. Reving engine had no apparent effect. I assume alternator needs replaced Any advice/ confirmation welcome. Could it be anything else.
Omega is 2.5 V petrol.
Ps at the moment battery is well charged and seems to run everything ok including starting.

Kind Regards
Ian
Omega battery/alternator warning light - Andrew Moorey (Tune-Up)
A couple of basic checks before condemning the alternator. Check the alternator earth by running a wire from the body of the alternator to the neg battery post and secondly run a wire directly from the output from the alternator (big bolt terminal) to the battery pos. But it is likely the brushes are worn out. Look in YP for a local reconditioner who will rebuild your unit, if it only needs brushes it will be a cheap repair.
Andrew

Goodwood, aaaaahhh!
Omega battery/alternator warning light - Ian J
Andrew
Thanks for the help. It was the alternator - getting at the bolts to get it off was a bit awkward.
Ps it ended up draining my battery presumably because there was an internal circuit fault draining the battery to earth.

Kind Regards
Ian