Help.Alloy wheels damaged on rental car. - JohnX
My misfortune weekend.
Took a car for rent for the weekend , a lovely Vauxhall Astra 2 litre Turbo with 193 bhp.Fantastic power and speed.
However when i had a look at the alloy wheels today evening , I realised with a shock that 3 out of the four alloys are scratched , one a little deeper than the others.Dont know when that happened but they were fine when i took it , so im the culprit :(
Just wondering what to expect when i give the car back.
How much do these things cost.
Any alternatives to fix these before i give them back so that the damage wont be noticed?
Help.Alloy wheels damaged on rental car. - flatfour
I'm sure you could not damage alloy wheels without noticing it. I recently damaged some by scuffing a curb, I would easily have got away with it with steels, but I still knew i'd scuffed them.
So if you didn't know you'd scuffed them the chances are they were already scuffed when you picked the car up, it's hard to take in all the damage on a car in 15 seconds you get before hiring. I'd take them back dirty and saw nowt, especially if its not your fault.
I recently had a load car from my garage who have done me good service, on the 3rd day I noticed a stone had hit the headlight and holed it, the same as yourself I couldn't think of any situation I had been in that may have caused the hole, I took the car back, had a quite word with the service manager who said that it had been there quite a while.
Help.Alloy wheels damaged on rental car. - OldOiler
Just keep an eye on your credit card over the next few months!!! - then you will know if you have got away with it.
K2
Help.Alloy wheels damaged on rental car. - Terminator
I have rented cars on many occasions and most of them had some sort of damage. Sometimes this was clearly stated at the time I collected the car, but often it was not. When you return the car the rental company must check it there and then, in front of you, because it is not unknown for their staff to cause damage and them try charge the customer. Scratches to alloy wheels is called wear and tear in my opinion, so I would be not that worried if I were you. Just immagine the state a 6 month old car that has been hired out to 200 different people! In any case you would only be responsible for what is not covered by the insurance.