Replies not showing up in topics on this forum? - RichT54

In the index list for this forum it shows the date & time of the latest reply for each topic, but when I look in the actual topics often those posts are not always visible. This has been happening for about 2-3 days. I have tried different browsers on Linux, Mac and Android and they are all having the same issue.

Is anyone else experiencing this, or is it just me?

Replies not showing up in topics on this forum? - badbusdriver

In the index list for this forum it shows the date & time of the latest reply for each topic, but when I look in the actual topics often those posts are not always visible. This has been happening for about 2-3 days. I have tried different browsers on Linux, Mac and Android and they are all having the same issue.

Yes, I have. Yesterday afternoon I typed a long response on Thunderbird's thread and when I looked after supper, it wasn't there, which was quite annoying. But this has happened before, so I kept checking and it did appear a bit later.

But there could also be cases of posts being edited by mods, or spam links being removed. Both will show the times these happened.

Replies not showing up in topics on this forum? - galileo

This was reported some time ago, the moderators explained that they delete spam but the time of the spam may show for some time after deletion, this may be what has happened in the instances you saw.

Replies not showing up in topics on this forum? - Xileno

Often the 'last replied' date on the index list does not tie up with the latest post in a thread. This happens when the software automatically flags a post as spam or if one of us mods does it manually. However, if it should revert to the correct date/time (I found a way of forcing it that usually works) but it can take a while, from a few mins to half an hour or so. I don't know why, I assume it's some sort of re-indexing of the tables going on.

But in addition to that there has been a problem in the last few days of posts not appearing and then later doing so. ORB reported it to me on Monday evening but I've not noticed it happening today. If it's still happening tomorrow I will email Kalpesh, the IT person.

I seem to remember Avant mentioning this before. I know as mods we have to be careful with editing things, it's easy to remove stuff unintentionally and there's no undo button but we're both not guilty on this one...

It's still happening in the Legal forum. Someone has posted something at 20:42 but it's not showing and it's not hidden spam either. I will email Kalpesh in the morning.

I did a bit of testing earlier and it looks like this problem is fixed. Please comment in this thread if you find there's still a problem.