No Tax, MOT or Ins, - BMDUBYA
Hi everyone, hope you can answer this Q. I have aquired a car, part of a swap, the tax and MOT have both run out, (car is SORN'd) but now I want to sell it. How do I get the car to the garage without MOT or TAX? Cant get tax unless its MOT'd, can I insure it to drive to a pre booked MOT, or do I have to get a trailer?

Thanks in advance.
No Tax, MOT or Ins, - RichardW
You may drive a car to / from a pre-arranged (key point that!) MOT, or to have repairs made for said MOT. This does not absolve you of responsibility for having 3rd party insurance, and nor does it prevent you from getting prosecuted for driving an unroadworthy car.

HTH!

RichardW

Is it illogical? It must be Citroen....
No Tax, MOT or Ins, - martint123
If you're selling it to a garage get them to pick it up with trade plates.
No Tax, MOT or Ins, - Hugo {P}
I was in this position recently. My insurance company covered the vehicle for 30 days for me to do this.

I booked an appointment for the initial MOT, which it failed. I drove the car straight back to my place and parked it off the road.

I then rectified the problems and had some minor accident damage repaired, which meant that the headlight was now properly secured. which was an mot requirement.

I then booked another MOT and took the car to its appointment, which it passed.

All perfectly legal without tax or MOT.

H
No Tax, MOT or Ins, - BMDUBYA
Thanks for the info, especially Hugo. Just like to point out that I am not trying to dodge anything, I just dont know how to get the car MOT'd, then Taxed and finally insured. I guess I need to get in touc with my insurance co. Thanks very much again to all.