Peugeot 3008 SUV Hybrid - Hybrid charging - Alan Chamberlain

Car is 6 months old and will now only charge to 23 miles, whereas 32+ miles for first 5 months. Car is due to go for a diagnostics check soon, but what potential problems could this throw up?

Peugeot 3008 SUV Hybrid - Hybrid charging - craig-pd130

I suspect the ECU is giving you a lower range because of the colder ambient temps. Put simply, EV batteries and motors are much less efficient when the mercury drops below double-digit Celsius.

My BMW 225xe's indicated EV range in summer was 20 miles; in November that would drop to 14 (15 if I was lucky). The difference in EV performance when the ambient temps were higher than 10 or 11C was quite noticeable too. Much nipper when it was warm outside.

Peugeot 3008 SUV Hybrid - Hybrid charging - RT

I suspect the ECU is giving you a lower range because of the colder ambient temps. Put simply, EV batteries and motors are much less efficient when the mercury drops below double-digit Celsius.

My BMW 225xe's indicated EV range in summer was 20 miles; in November that would drop to 14 (15 if I was lucky). The difference in EV performance when the ambient temps were higher than 10 or 11C was quite noticeable too. Much nipper when it was warm outside.

In addition, autumn/winter use will use the heating and lights more.

Range calculation has always taken previous driving style into account, whether petrol, diesel or electric - a default value is used when new but this gradually adapts to your own style and driving conditions - it's a similar technique used with adaptive transmissions.

Peugeot 3008 SUV Hybrid - Hybrid charging - Alan Chamberlain

Thanks for your replies. I expected a drop due to temperature but not one so dramatic. My problem could therefore be my treating the car as a go kart around town and the ECU has recalculated my range accordingly!

Peugeot 3008 SUV Hybrid - Hybrid charging - elekie&a/c doctor
There’s a post on HJ car reviews where an owner is getting 22 miles on battery power . Sounds like you’re doing well.