Kia stonic - seats and comfort.. please don't laugh - _

My back and hips are complaining loudly abot the seating position in the stonic, which is otherwise faultless, although not as softly sprung as the Sportage.

Reluctantly, we are parting company, and in the current market have had a superb offer for it.

What to go for. ???

New sportage only hybrids available at silly prices, as for most other makes.

Must be high seating as per sportage. petrol manual..and comfy.

And yes, hold hands up.. messed up.

Edited by _ORB_ on 03/11/2021 at 19:28

Kia stonic - seats and comfort.. please don't laugh - Xileno

I can't remember the reason you changed now but what about another Sportage?

Sorry just seen your reason. But does it have to be a new one?

Edited by Xileno on 03/11/2021 at 19:44

Kia stonic - seats and comfort.. please don't laugh - Dag Hammar

Take a lengthy test drive in a Vauxhall Grandland X.

I had the pleasure of running one for two years on a 24 month personal contract hire. It was a 1.2 litre turbo petrol with a six speed manual gearbox. Speaking from my own personal experience I found it to be an absolute joy both to drive and to ride in with comfortable seats that you moved sideways onto as opposed to falling down in to like some cars.

Unfortunately the restrictions placed upon us all during the pandemic prevented me from using the car as much as I would have liked to have done.

Size-wise, I would think it compares to the Sportage that you are clearly missing.

Kia stonic - seats and comfort.. please don't laugh - badbusdriver

Sorry to hear the Stonic hasn't worked out ORB. Tricky one to answer though, as seat comfort is highly subjective.

I'd maybe head for a Dacia dealer to look at both the Duster and Sandero Stepway. The Sandero may seem like a smaller car, and indeed it is slightly shorter overall and with a slightly smaller boot capacity. But it is taller, wider and has a longer wheelbase than the Stonic. The Duster is smaller than your old Sportage, but not by much.

I'd also be tempted to have a look at the Citroen C3 Aircross, the C4 Cactus (currently being replaced by....) and the all new C4. Citroen seem to be majoring on comfort these days, both ride comfort and seat comfort.

I'd maybe head for a Dacia dealer to look at both the Duster and Sandero Stepway. The Sandero may seem like a smaller car, and indeed it is slightly shorter overall and with a slightly smaller boot capacity. But it is taller, wider and has a longer wheelbase than the Stonic. The Duster is smaller than your old Sportage, but not by much.

Insides of Duster and stepway dashboards not my cup of.

I'd also be tempted to have a look at the Citroen C3 Aircross, the C4 Cactus (currently being replaced by....) and the all new C4. Citroen seem to be majoring on comfort these days, both ride comfort and seat comfort.

Not interested in the pure whatsit engines. Hate the local dealers too.

Had issues when looking at the new ZS range years back which is one of the reasons i travelled to get the ZS elswhere.

Renault Captur?

Kia stonic - seats and comfort.. please don't laugh - Engineer Andy

Insides of Duster and stepway dashboards not my cup of.

Not interested in the pure whatsit engines. Hate the local dealers too.

Had issues when looking at the new ZS range years back which is one of the reasons i travelled to get the ZS elswhere.

Shame about not liking the Pug engines (they did look good [HJ raved about them when they first appeared] until some issues started appear over the past year or two), given the Vauxhall GrandlandX I presume uses them, given it's the sister car to the 3008.

I actually prefer the simplicity of the interior of the Vauxhall over the (IMHO overly styled) Pugs and the overall good use of the car's footprint for space (similarly for the Crossland).

I think one of the other issues you may be facing is moving on from your seemingly decent KIA dealership to the lottery that is other brands. That has put me off some cars even though I liked them - because I wasn't prepared to go a huge distance to find a good main dealer to look after whatever car I found. Not so bad if was rolling in cash and could find the time to drive there, but that's not me, and I suspect your good self either.

Was the Ceed too low riding to consider that? You might find some C-sector hatchbacks may be almost as high up for the seats as a crossover.

Kia stonic - seats and comfort.. please don't laugh - Big John

I was impressed with the seats in the Skoda Karoq when I test drove it a while ago - this also has a highish seating position. Obviously seat comfort is subjective.

There is also the Kamiq but myself wouldn't recommend as basic car functions such as climate control are operated by the central touch screen.

I've never driven an XC40 yet but Volvo have fabulous seats - touch screen again though.

[EDIT] Possibly not - Karoq seems to have vanished on most of the usual broker sites.

Edited by Big John on 03/11/2021 at 22:06

Kia stonic - seats and comfort.. please don't laugh - Metropolis.
That’s a shame.

Best seats are always Swedish or American (imo). So Volvo or a Jeep?

Volvo XC40 could fit the bill, or if you are a bit daring, a Jeep Compass or Renegade.

Im fairly sure the Jeep could be had in manual, but maybe not the Volvo.

I would have said Cirtroen as well, shame about your dealers.

No harm in test driving!

Or get a Ford in Vignale trim..
Kia stonic - seats and comfort.. please don't laugh - sammy1

A Ford Ecosport or Vauxhall Mokka seem the nearest to the Stonic How they ride and the seat only you can decide. Fords are under rated by many. If the sportage was doing the job update to another.

Kia stonic - seats and comfort.. please don't laugh - Ian_SW

Other one to try would be the Hyundai Kona (or a Tucson if you want to go back up to the size of the Sportage). The Kona is almost the same car as a Stonic so will have much the same mechanicals, but things like driving position, seats etc. are where the equivalent Kia and Hyundai models are likely to differ as well as the obvious external styling differences. It might only need a very minor difference in the design of the seat to go from one which is intolerable for some people to one which is quite comfortable.

Kia stonic - seats and comfort.. please don't laugh - Nickdm
Suzuki Vitara? Gets good reviews.

Ultimately the choice might come down to what’s in stock in these crazy times..!
Kia stonic - seats and comfort.. please don't laugh - RT
That’s a shame. Best seats are always Swedish or American (imo). So Volvo or a Jeep? Volvo XC40 could fit the bill, or if you are a bit daring, a Jeep Compass or Renegade. Im fairly sure the Jeep could be had in manual, but maybe not the Volvo. I would have said Cirtroen as well, shame about your dealers. No harm in test driving! Or get a Ford in Vignale trim..

Smaller Jeeps aren't American any more, based on the Fiat 500

Kia stonic - seats and comfort.. please don't laugh - expat

Is it possible to change the seats for something better? Either aftermarket seats like Recaro or perhaps you could get decent second hand seats from another brand such as Volvo. Whether they would fit or not I don't know but perhaps some one on here has done something similar and can advise. Another possibility would be to see if a motor trimmer can do something to modify the seats. There is also the old fashioned low tech solution of a back cushion although I expect that you may already have tried that.

There is also the old fashioned low tech solution of a back cushion although I expect that you may already have tried that.

Tried lumbar supports.

A neighbour has a new puma, but is reluctant to let me drive it, but seats seem way better.

Going to try and get a test drive, but they seem to think 20 minutes round the block is ok.

Kia stonic - seats and comfort.. please don't laugh - paul 1963

That's a shame ORB, I'll give another vote for the current Vitara, had mine just over a month now, very comfortable indeed, plenty of adjustments for both the seat and steering.

Quite softly sprung as Well, as mentioned the trouble is getting one.

Ignoring the price for a minute don't let the word 'Hybrid' put you off any potential purchase, there great!

Edited by paul 1963 on 04/11/2021 at 07:23

Kia stonic - seats and comfort.. please don't laugh - Trilogy.

Going to try and get a test drive, but they seem to think 20 minutes round the block is ok.

Perhaps a Puma would be available at a rental company to enable you to drive one for a day. Otherwise another Ford dealer could be willing to let you test drive for longer.

Kia stonic - seats and comfort.. please don't laugh - Wee Willie Winkie

Have you tried one of the online ergonomic guides to seating positions in cars? Just a thought before you lose £££s.

Kia stonic - seats and comfort.. please don't laugh - Alby Back
I had a Skoda Kamiq as a hire car one day last week. I thought it was a lovely thing to drive: Did a couple of hundred miles in it in a day.
Not sure what engine it had, but it sounded like a three cylinder. Manual gearbox, which wouldn’t be my first choice, but this one was light, slick and easy to use.
Quite an impressive little car.
Kia stonic - seats and comfort.. please don't laugh - tim10597

Ford is offering a 24 hour test drive on selected models at the moment. Can’t believe the Puma isn’t on their list of cars to test drive for that long, could you try a different dealer?

Kia stonic - seats and comfort.. please don't laugh - Andrew-T

My back and hips are complaining loudly abot the seating position in the stonic, which is otherwise faultless, although not as softly sprung as the Sportage.

Reluctantly, we are parting company, and in the current market have had a superb offer for it.

Maybe seats in a new car feel less comfy than a well run-in one. Something 5+ years old ? :-)

I had a Skoda Kamiq as a hire car one day last week. I thought it was a lovely thing to drive: Did a couple of hundred miles in it in a day.
Not sure what engine it had, but it sounded like a three cylinder. Manual gearbox, which wouldn’t be my first choice, but this one was light, slick and easy to use.

Quite an impressive little car.

The most common engine in the Kamiq is the 1.0TSI 3 cyl petrol with either 95 or 115bhp, so a hire car would almost certainly use one of these.

There is also a 1.5TSI 4 cyl with 150bhp and, on paper anyway (hardly anyone chooses it), a115bhp 1.6TDI.

Maybe seats in a new car feel less comfy than a well run-in one. Something 5+ years old ? :-)

I often think it's better to get a test drive in a well-used second-hand model at a dealership than a new one with under 1k on the clock to give the potential owner of a new one a good idea what it'll be like down the line. Many cars' suspension really firms up after a year's (and reasonable mileage) usage.

It's also why many of us here also strongly recommend long (or extended) test drives across a wide range of road surfaces and types and at varying speeds. If a dealership only allows a short trip around the block/town where the performance, handling and ride quality/seats cannot be easily and fully checked out, I give them a miss.

I always make sure that all the seat adjustments are as good as I can get them before the test drive, as my back problems have meant that some cars just aren't going to be a good fit.

Too much of a financial risk to go for something that expensive that is barely known.

What to go for. ???

New sportage only hybrids available at silly prices, as for most other makes.

Must be high seating as per sportage. petrol manual..and comfy.

And yes, hold hands up.. messed up.

Ouch, both personally and from a wallet perspective. What exactly was wrong with the Sportage that you got rid of that in under a year? I thought you really liked it?

To add to the suggestions for similar sized cars - how about the Mazda CX-30? I'm not sure whether the upper spec models can have 16in rims & corresponding 60 profile tyres as a no-cost option (worth asking), but worth checking if you were thinking (generally) of going for a top-spec model. Decent boot size too at around 430L.

TBH the mid-spec SE-L Nav/SE Lux is normally a very good value for money car across all Mazdas with a decent amount of kit and normally comes shod on sensible wheels and tyres.

The Skyactiv-G is ok performance-wise, but the Skyactiv-X is the better engine all-around, and is still nippy (even if it needs a reasonable amount of right foot) using their (smooth) TC auto if you want one as well without the downside on potential reliability issues with non KIA DCTs. The looks are also growing on me as well - very nice interior too. Lovely in the (expensive) red colour.

None are what I'd call 'cheap' though, especially with the current global situation and no 7yr warranty (just 3) like the KIAs.

Kia stonic - seats and comfort.. please don't laugh - Plantop

Hi,sorry to hear of your dilemma, l have the gt- line with the 17 in wheels and so far so good,have you thought about a good quality seat booster cushion?

Hi,sorry to hear of your dilemma, l have the gt- line with the 17 in wheels and so far so good,have you thought about a good quality seat booster cushion?

Problem if i raise the seat with a cushion, my head touches the roof, tried foam lumbar support.

Been suffering, but sold it today and ready to find an alternative.

Kia stonic - seats and comfort.. please don't laugh - primus 1

I have a Puma seats are ok been on a couple of long journeys with no back problems at all

Problem if i raise the seat with a cushion, my head touches the roof, tried foam lumbar support.

Been suffering, but sold it today and ready to find an alternative.

I had been hearing that some ordinary cars (i.e. not Porsche Boxters and the like that can appreciate in value well before being an official [e.g. 40yo] 'classic car') have of late been going for more than the new price. If you don't mind me asking, how much of a hit did you take, given yours is not far off new?

I also take it that the seat was the main issue, and not the general ride, which could be in part due to a firm suspension and lower profile tyres? One of the criticism of the Stonic and sister car the Hyundai (similarly for the i30, particularly the Fastback) in the HJ reviews was the poor ride quality when shod on larger wheels / lower profile tyres.

One thing that put me off certain cars when looking (I never took the plunge to replace my Mazda3 in the end) 4 years ago was that some cars I found to still have quite offset pedals, e.g. the Nissan Pulsar.

Some (mainly lower spec models) also don't have the full range of adjustment for the steering wheel (or seat), which can induce serious back pain for those (like us) who may be more susceptible to it than others.

One other thing I noticed was that the driving comfort was reduced when I test drove crossover cars compared to equivalent hatches/saloons because you're 'perched on' the seats and sitting very upright rather than sitting in them. The ease of access to the MPVs and Crossovers obviously is important as our mobility reduces as we get older, but it perhaps does mean driving such vehicles may be more of a sedate experience because you tend to get thrown about more.

Even in an otherwise excellent handling CX-3, I still felt a bit uncomfortable driving it for that reason (I tried reclining the seat and it felt worse) compared to the (gen-3) Mazda3 I tested straight afterwards, where it was so comfortable, though not getting into it, as I think it is lower than my gen-1 car.

I noticed the same issue in a Suzuki Celerio (high sided car that the driving position is high) I had for a day or so when my Mazda3 was in for a clutch change about 5 years ago, though admitedly that car - I think - didn't have reach adjustment on the steering wheel.

Kia stonic - seats and comfort.. please don't laugh - KBB

I (literally) feel your pain having had to sell my Superb after 18 months as it was causing leg pain.

I went for a V60 on the basis that reviews often speak of the seat comfort in any Volvo and indeed, the seats are very comfy.

I'm not sure what the Volvo equivalent is to the Stonic but a quick look on Autotrader would suggest that the XC40 is the only option as the XC60 looks like it is auto only.

Kia stonic - seats and comfort.. please don't laugh - Ethan Edwards

Another vote for the Vitara here, though I would also recommend the new Mokka e. Not as comfy or roomy as the Vitara but a BEV.

Kia stonic - seats and comfort.. please don't laugh - catsdad

My daughter has a 2017 1.6 Vitara. It runs on 215/15 R17 so that’s a good comfort start. However it’s annoyingly expensive for tyres (£600 for a set of CCs).

There may have been upgrades since 2017 but it’s spacious for a smallish car with exceptional headroom. Her partner is 6’4” and has plenty of room. I have not driven it but as a passenger it’s quite crashy over speed bumps, especially from the rear suspension. You see the bonnet from the front seat which is a novelty. It’s well equipped with DAB, camera etc but still feels a bit budget. I think it’s an ideal young family car with lots of wipeable plastic such as door cards.

Later versions may well be better for ride but it doesn’t feel either particularly comfy or uncomfy. As has been said a good test drive would help decide.

Finally two cars I have seen reviewed well for seat comfort are upper range MINIs and Citroen C3 but I’ve no direct experience of either. And I assume C3 shares engines with Peugeot?

Edited by catsdad on 05/11/2021 at 09:13

Kia stonic - seats and comfort.. please don't laugh - bathtub tom

215/15 R17

I do hope you meant 215/55/R17

Kia stonic - seats and comfort.. please don't laugh - catsdad

Yes indeed Tom. 15s would be very crashy!

And I assume C3 shares engines with Peugeot?

It does, but for a new purchase I wouldn't be overly concerned about Puretech issues (same for the Puma, which uses the 1.0 Ecoboost), that is what the warranty is for. But ORB also doesn't like the dealer (presumably the same for both makes in his area?), which is a bit trickier to overcome!.

Going back to Puma, am I not right in thinking that you can't have a spare wheel due to the storage box (Megabox?) under the boot floor?. Worth bearing in mind if you don't like being without a proper spare wheel.

Kia stonic - seats and comfort.. please don't laugh - Ethan Edwards

Catsdad Only available with the 1.4 boosterjet hybrid these days. I had the 2017 S version with the 140bhp 1.4 boosterjet non hybrid. Simply superb engine, different league to the 1.6. Faster more economical etc. Firmer suspension but still comfy.

Edited by Ethan Edwards on 05/11/2021 at 11:21

Catsdad Only available with the 1.4 boosterjet hybrid these days. I had the 2017 S version with the 140bhp 1.4 boosterjet non hybrid. Simply superb engine, different league to the 1.6. Faster more economical etc. Firmer suspension but still comfy.

Had a bit of face lift since 2017, interiors a nice comfortable and quiet place to sit, I agree the engine's a peach, pulls like a train especially when the electric motor kicks in.

Come on ORB anything grabbed your attention yet?

Will decide tomorrow which offer to accept for the Stonic, loss will me minor, as 2 dealers want it, one saw yesterday, but head honcho off till saturday. offeres more than Cazoo, which is fallback position.

Cazoo offer valid till 17th pm

left field suggestion from a friend of swmbo who just got one was a SSangyong tivoli, but didn't like, dealer offered a Korando foe not much more, ELX 1.5T.

Had a test drive, impressed, impressed with seats, will reurn tomorrow to take a more serious look with swmbo.

NHS affinity 10% discount and a good pcp offer.

Family owned dealership locally and very pleasant to deal with.

Edited by _ORB_ on 05/11/2021 at 12:39

TBH finding a decent, honest dealership that looks after you is half the battle these days.

Best of luck.

left field suggestion from a friend of swmbo who just got one was a SSangyong tivoli, but didn't like, dealer offered a Korando foe not much more, ELX 1.5T.

Had a test drive, impressed, impressed with seats, will reurn tomorrow to take a more serious look with swmbo.

NHS affinity 10% discount and a good pcp offer.

Family owned dealership locally and very pleasant to deal with.

7 year 150k mile warranty suggests Ssangyong have confidence in their product!.

Will look forward to reading your thoughts should you go ahead with it ORB

Ok I'm confused...in a earlier post you said you've sold it, now your saying your playing 2 dealers to see who offers the most??

Why the hell would you even consider a ssangyong, utter rubbish imho, saw one parked in my local supermarket recently, utterly comical!

You have stated in the past that your in the nice position of being to afford practically any car so why are you looking at such a thing?

last post from me on this particular thread....

(

last post from me on this particular thread....

(

Ok I'm confused...in a earlier post you said you've sold it, now your saying your playing 2 dealers to see who offers the most??

Don't worry, I'm confused too and a bit humiliated at making a poor choice.

Throw rotten tomatos now!

Apologies ,As far as Im concerned it's "gone" who gets it will be decided sat AM. as said earlier head honcho at Kia dealer was on leave for 3 days, but one of the guys took the details, (they all know me) and gave a ballpark figure, so am polite enought to wait.

Why the hell would you even consider a ssangyong, utter rubbish imho, saw one parked in my local supermarket recently, utterly comical!. My neighbour is happy with the tivoli..

We are all diifferent and I am not prepared to spend £26.000 + to get a Sportage that is abput to be replaced. Anything left is only Hybrid. Same for the Tuscon.

You have stated in the past that your in the nice position of being to afford practically any car so why are you looking at such a thing?

Swmbo's brother in Canada has 2 mercedes 4wd saloons, one C and 1 E..

She thought i should have one and offered to get me Merc SUV here, till I showed her the list prices in the UK. and the 6 years extra ved.

If I wanted to go totally mad, AN F pacepetrol would do the trick, but certainly not, even new and under warranty...

The new Korando is similar to a Jeep Cherokee in looks and probably a whole lot more reliable.

Remember how some used to laugh at Japanese cars, the Korean cars, the Romanian cars etc etc (Don't even go there with Motorbikes)

I am no badge snob, I won't recommend some cars to friends, but equally I refuse to say "Told you so" afterwards.

Any way net price is 18K and a couple of hundred if i want one.

Will report sat PM.

Edited by _ORB_ on 05/11/2021 at 19:07

Why the hell would you even consider a ssangyong, utter rubbish imho, saw one parked in my local supermarket recently, utterly comical!. My neighbour is happy with the tivoli.

Don't hold back Paul, just say what you think ;-)

Seriously though, you can't tell whether or not a car is any good by looking at one in a supermarket car park, all you can determine is whether or not you like its looks. Beauty is of course in the eye of the beholder, so while your opinion of the Korando's looks are important to you, maybe not so much to ORB and his good lady!.

Why the hell would you even consider a ssangyong, utter rubbish imho, saw one parked in my local supermarket recently, utterly comical!. My neighbour is happy with the tivoli.

Don't hold back Paul, just say what you think ;-)

Seriously though, you can't tell whether or not a car is any good by looking at one in a supermarket car park, all you can determine is whether or not you like its looks. Beauty is of course in the eye of the beholder, so while your opinion of the Korando's looks are important to you, maybe not so much to ORB and his good lady!.

I am not offended. Over the years some will have noticed my often left of field choices.

Don't worry paul, Opinions are there to be courteously listened to.

BIG Smiley!

Kia stonic - seats and comfort.. please don't laugh - brambobb

I was quite interested in a Ssangyong myself but I understand that they are currently in receivership so I have backed off for the time being until their ownership situation is clarified.

Edited by brambobb on 05/11/2021 at 19:22

I was quite interested in a Ssangyong myself but I understand that they are currently in receivership so I have backed off for the time being until their ownership situation is clarified.

Already noted, but servicing and parts won't be a problem.Look at this.

www.motor-doctor.co.uk/ssangyong/korando/korando-c...i

Ful size steel spare wheel comes from a VW van, identical spec.

Edited by _ORB_ on 05/11/2021 at 19:49

Kia stonic - seats and comfort.. please don't laugh - Nickdm
Ssangyong were in financial difficulty at the start of this year, but about a week ago I read that they have just found a new financial backer.

Perfectly good cars. Their owners rate them highly it seems. What’s not to like?!
Kia stonic - seats and comfort.. please don't laugh - Random

ORB's not the only one to like the Korando. www.youtube.com/watch?v=2ALuagcaDw4

Kia stonic - seats and comfort.. please don't laugh - movilogo

Currently Ssangyong website shows only 3 models - Tivoli, Korando and Rexton.

It is a shame that they have stopped making Tivoli XLV because it was a unique model of being a small SUV like car with a larger boot.

Kia stonic - seats and comfort.. please don't laugh - sammy1

Individuality is something to be praised in most things but when it comes to expensive cars it is middle of the road for me. Expect some expense as the car gets older and use common sense to try to mitigate this. Obscure makes such as SsangYong- how do you even say it-in this case probably not staying the course as with Mitsubishi is not a viable way to go

PS with the back and hips starting to fail maybe you should be watching afternoon TV ads for walk in baths, rising armchairs, and Ian Botham with his foot massager etc.. If you can still get in a car may be not yet then!! Best of luck with the sale.

Edited by sammy1 on 05/11/2021 at 20:57

Individuality is something to be praised in most things but when it comes to expensive cars.

Any mainstream suv this size is a LOT more expensive.

Yes, The Tuscon and 5008 ( to pick 2) are a lot lot more expensive. An equivalent Skoda or SEAT is a lot more too.

Toyota and Honda only hybrids £30000 plus.. Not keen on a Vitara hybrid either... Dacia dashboard yucky.. stepway bizarre..

And lots of cars simply not available now anyways.

I'll be 71 shortly, and the travelling to Portugal and back over 5 days last week has made me realise my age is showing. So, even at the cost of a swap, I'll be better seated for not a lot.

with the back and hips starting to fail maybe you should be watching afternoon TV ads for walk in baths.

Off subject, but indeed have just got 2 new recliner sofas, higher seating position than before..

Walk in bath, What's a bath?

Have had XL double walk in showers for the past 15 years.

Even at my age, company in the shower is rather nice.

Very big smiley!

Kia stonic - seats and comfort.. please don't laugh - groaver

I hope this one's a keeper, ORB.

My MIL had the Tivoli and took a bath at trade in time.

Kia stonic - seats and comfort.. please don't laugh - alan1302
Ssangyong were in financial difficulty at the start of this year, but about a week ago I read that they have just found a new financial backer. Perfectly good cars. Their owners rate them highly it seems. What’s not to like?!

They are in the process of being sold to Edison Motors:

SsangYong Motor agrees to sale to Edison Motors (koreatimes.co.kr)

Not a company I was aware of but seem they make electric powered buses.

Kia stonic - seats and comfort.. please don't laugh - chesterfieldhouse

Most people buy a car to meet particular needs & having had a quick look at the youtube video the reviewer makes a point of how comfortable the Korando's seats are. In terms of looks, l quite like it & the purchase price is attractive.

There are, again according to the review, a number of down sides: low speed ride, economy & some issues with the 1.5T petrol (auto) combo, but on the whole looks a good package.

In terms of spending money on a car, there's many a folk able to spend, just choose not to, especially during these times.

Most people buy a car to meet particular needs & having had a quick look at the youtube video the reviewer makes a point of how comfortable the Korando's seats are. In terms of looks, l quite like it & the purchase price is attractive.

There are, again according to the review, a number of down sides: low speed ride, economy & some issues with the 1.5T petrol (auto) combo, but on the whole looks a good package.

In terms of spending money on a car, there's many a folk able to spend, just choose not to, especially during these times.

I did notice the same potential problems re the ride on video reviews. But most reviews seem to be done on top of the range cars which will invariably have the biggest wheel on the lowest profile tyre. So it is likely a lower spec car on smaller alloys with taller tyres, the ride will be much more settled.

But it is a shame that Ssangyong seem to have deliberately set it up to be stiff so it handles better. Nowt wrong with a softer ride and a bit of body roll, is it really such a hardship having to slow down a bit for corners?

Kia stonic - seats and comfort.. please don't laugh - moward

If you can forgo the manual requirement, possibly a CHR hybrid might suit? We find ours to be a very pleasant way of getting from A to B. Ours runs on 18" wheels and yet comfort is high, would probably be even better on the 17's that come with Icon spec models.

The big advantage, being automatic, is that as there is no clutch pedal to pump, you can use the footrest pedal to support yourself in the seat and keeping your posture right. I can get back pain sometimes when driving if I slip in the seat whilst driving my own car (leather is damnable for this), because I need my right foot for clutch control. I've never had this issue in the CHR however.

Prices do seem a bit high at the moment, but as you get up to 10 years warranty (15 for the battery), from a manufacturer renowned for reliability, it could well be the last car you ever need. Got be worth a test drive at least.

Decision made.

Korando Ventura 1..5 petrol 6 speed in white.

Excellent price.

Stonic booked in to be dealt with monday, but they have already seen the vehice so should be no problems there.

Will update.

Delivery next saturday

Edited by _ORB_ on 06/11/2021 at 13:10