Max Headroom? - gareth
Dear all,
Being forehead numbingly challenged at 6'6" I am currently looking for a car with plenty of drivers head and legroom. I have about 4k to spend and would wlecome advice from anyone else out there in similar position or who knows which cars are better than others.
I will be covering about 12k miles a year mostly motorways. Other considerations such as handling, ride, economy, performance and reliability are important but secondary to space. Age/mileage not a problem more interested in condition.
I intend to keep the car for 3 years and am not really concerned with resale value. I have tried a mondeo to no avail and am wary of vectras having read what HJ and others have to say about them.

Is this an impossible dream?

Cheers in advance
Gareth
Re: Max Headroom? - Michael
Gareth, i was going to say the peugeot 307 but, as its new, is likely to be beyond the budget (a witty tv presenter said you could wear a top hat in it). What ever car you get, one without a sunroof gains you an inch or so. Our primera has excellent head and leg room (i'm 6'). A 4-5 year old one is in the 4k bracket. Its a much under rated car due to its looks, but it handles beautifully, has a good engine, is reliable and built in sunderland. Worth a look.
Re: Max Headroom? - Bruce
I drive a Ford KA I am 6'7" tall, not a lot of leg room behind me, but at least 3" above my head!
Re: Max Headroom? - Robert Harvey
Try a car without a sunroof. I know that cars without sunroofs have more headroom - upto 2 inches more. Try an Omega for size - they all have electric seat height adjustment so should be easy to get comfortable.