New Nissan Micra brake problem - Primera_p
Hi,

A friend has a new shape Micra with a problem.

Intermittantly the brake lights remain on and she suspects the brakes are actually being applied as well. (I haven't driven it myself so I can't confirm this though)

Nissan have looked at it but because of the nature of the problem it wasn't doing it whilst testing and nothing showed up on their Consult system.

Anyone else come across this?

Thanks in advance

Paul
New Nissan Micra brake problem - Aprilia
Don't see how the brakes can be applied unless she presses on the pedal. The system is not that sophisticated.
Have they looked at the obvious? Faulty/badly adjusted brake light switch?
New Nissan Micra brake problem - Altea Ego
Aprilia, do the higher spec versions of these cars have brake assist?.
You could also check the operation of the drivers foot and and Neurone control centre
New Nissan Micra brake problem - Primera_p
Thanks for your second suggestion RF ;-)

I'll ask if it's got brake assist. If it's not the driver's foot, I suppose there could be a number of possibilities as to the course of the lights staying on.

She's not impressed though, another motorist pulled her over yesterday to tell her about it!!

Cheers
New Nissan Micra brake problem - Altea Ego
99.9% sure it will be the switch
New Nissan Micra brake problem - Aprilia
Brake assist is a purely mechanical system and cannot apply the brakes on its own - trust me, it is not the brake assist. It is remarkably simple - but difficult to expalin in a few words. Think of it as just a kind of co-axial piston assembly in the master cylinder.
You really need a diagram to see how it works - try a web search.