Cyclist using a mobile phone - GS
I know that it will soon be illegal to use a hand held mobile 'phone in a car but please can the Backroom let me know the position regarding a cyclist I saw yesterday using a mobile whilst on the move?
Cyclist using a mobile phone - maz64
... can the
Backroom let me know the position regarding a cyclist I saw
yesterday using a mobile whilst on the move?

Sure- he's an idiot :)

Perhaps it was the same one I saw on the B3270 in Reading yesterday- I was cycling myself in the other direction, and couldn't believe it as traffic streamed past whilst he peddalled along holding his phone to his ear. It would have scared me silly.

And as it's starting to get dark in the mornings, no doubt this/these idiots will soon be joined my many others cycling along the road in dark clothing with no lights. Even where there are streetlights, they're practically invisible.

John
Not just cyclists! - Cliff Pope
I stood next to a man in the gents at Membury Services last month, texting with one hand .... . say no more!
Not just cyclists! - SjB {P}
Colleague arrived at work the other day in a state of utter bewilderment.

Why?

A motorcylist on something akin to a Honda Dominator removed his helmet, hung it over a mirror, undid his jacket, removed his mobile phone, answered the call, and held a conversation, all without stopping, and whilst weaving through rush hour traffic...
Not just cyclists! - Phil I
Should be described as multi-tasking maybe??...
Happy Texting Phil I