1997 Espace 2.2 Turbodiesel. - Andrew Moorey (Tune-Up)
Regular backroomers may remember a thread from a while back concerning these engines spitting out the crank thrust washers. Well at 60,000 I have decided to bite the bullet and carry out some preventative maintenance and change the bearings, fit a new clutch (which |I think is the cause as it is dreadfully heavy all of a sudden) change the timing belt (second time), water pump etc. Some other jobs need doing like the air-con radiator fans and dryer, a face level vent, door rubber and some other trim bits. Howerver there is no Haynes manual for it, Chilton dont list it. I have no problem in tackling the job without one but as you may appreciate with the correct info it could be done quicker with a WSM. Any clues where I can get one other than the dealers?
Thanks, Andrew

Simplicate and add lightness!
1997 Espace 2.2 Turbodiesel. - DL
Monster job Andrew!

I do know a Renault Dealer.....perhaps I could borrow the manual and photocopy it.....trouble is it would take ages!

I can't think of another way around it.
1997 Espace 2.2 Turbodiesel. - CMark {P}
Hi Andrew, how about a search on ebay? I have seen CD-ROM copies of workshop manuals and EPCs etc for sale there. But a 97 Espace? Mmmm, not sure.

Try contacting an owners club - how's your french???