Speakers on parcel shelf - ajit
Am thinking of replacing the inadequate 6in speakers on the rear shelf of my Honda Civic saloon with a pair of 6X9 speakers. My query is whether these can be replaced without cutting the shelf out and adding a spacer instead. The shop that I visited said this can be done but I was under the impression that one needs to cut the parcel shelf to accomodate these. Can anyone advise me or point me to a website that will answer this. Many thanks
Speakers on parcel shelf - Sooty Tailpipes
Well, there may be a replacement 6" that is as good or better than your 6x9". I had high quality 6" 3 ways in my BMW a few years ago, and people couldn't believe there were no subs in the boot, and all I had was 6x4" in the front and 6" in the back and two front tweeters . I fitted all the speakers really well, and made gaskets from old mousmats for the front ones so thay were well sealed and wouldn't resonate the metalwork.

Try Rockford Fosgate FRC4306

or similar.
Speakers on parcel shelf - wonderwheels
Factory Fit speakers are generally "crap". Replacing the originals with any "decent" aftermarket options should improve your sound no end. Custom-Fit speakers should go in no problem. 6 x 9's tend to give a good "bass" but cutting parts of your car means hiding the holes or leaving your speakers in it when it comes to selling.
Speakers on parcel shelf - Altea Ego
Good round 6 inch speakers will be more than good enough. No need to go to 6x9's and all the fitting hastle that entails. Go to the Pioneer web site and find what high quality speakers slot right in. If they make a replacent pair so does every one else. Then go and listen to some 6 inch jobs and pick the ones you like.