Mondeo engines in Focus - Nigel Hodgson
Thought you may find this interesting. My 2.0 focus has been suffereing from an intermittent revving problem. My local dealer tells me that this is caused by Ford fitting a batch of Mondeo engines in to Focuses. The cure is to replace the Mondeo inlet manifold for a Focus one. They assure me that's the only problem.
RE: Mondeo engines in Focus - trevor
define "revving problem" this sounds like a bit of flannel from the dealer !
what exactly is the car doing and at what times in particular?
RE: Mondeo engines in Focus - honestjohn
1.8 and 2.0 Focuses have basically the same Zetec E engines as old shape Mondeos anyway, but different manifolding, so it is entirely possible that a batch of Mondeo engines were fitted to Focuses.

HJ
RE: Mondeo engines in Focus - Nigel Hodgson
The car would - for no reason - just hold 2000 rpm until either switching off the engine or sometimes,blippin throttle. Have now got new manifold on, so far so good, but problem was intermittent, so let's see if it was dealer flannel. I'm an optimist, so I'm sure it will!
RE: Mondeo engines in Focus - Simon Ridgers
Just found this excellent site. Had all sorts of problems getting Ford to acknowledge and fix the revving problem on my Focus 2.0

They finally told me about the Mondeo mainfold problem and have had the new kit fitted for the past 4 days. No problems yet, but as you say it was intermittent. I swear though that the revs are still not dying correctly and that there is a slight 'over rev' when changing between the lower gears - this makes smooth changes difficult, especially when cold. If this doesn't improve it will go back again (6th time!) - does yours do this?

I'm now concerned with the amount of induction noise when accelerating, as it seems far too loud.

Quality generally has been shocking with blown fuses, wind noise, misting up fog lights, remote key sender etc problems.

Must say though that the handling and roadholding are exceptional, whcih makes the car great fun to drive. The ESP is great fun in the wet.