Mercedes E400d - Vinyl Wrap to roof panel - yes or no?? - Reefman

Just bought a 2019 plate coupe in white, however the panoramic roof is shorter than previous models so there's a white panel between the end of the pana roof and the rear window which looks - well just odd. I've been told that this panel could be vinyl wrapped in gloss black to blend in with roof and rear window but I'm unsure about having it done. Any thoughts ?

Mercedes E400d - Vinyl Wrap to roof panel - yes or no?? - Xileno

Vinyl wrap is usually removed with a heat gun so if you have it done and change your mind then it can be carefully removed again.

More of a Discussion topic so I will boot it across into the Motoring forum.

Edited by Xileno on 09/05/2021 at 16:16

Thanks

Mercedes E400d - Vinyl Wrap to roof panel - yes or no?? - badbusdriver

Don't understand the question?.

Surely it isn't going to cost very much to get a small part of the roof done, but more importantly, one of the USP's of vinyl wrap is that it's reversible...............

Mercedes E400d - Vinyl Wrap to roof panel - yes or no?? - barney100

Need a word with Ed China, probably recommend an orange or lime green for it.

Been quoted £100 for it, was just wondering if there were any downsides - assuming they don't cause any damage to the panel cutting etc. Don't think it can be pressure washed and was just wondering about its durability. Purely cosmetic as paintwork is fine but it just looks a bit odd with the white panel between the roof and rear window glass.

Mercedes E400d - Vinyl Wrap to roof panel - yes or no?? - Andrew-T

Been quoted £100 for it, was just wondering if there were any downsides - assuming they don't cause any damage to the panel cutting etc.

One snag with most vinyl is that it contains plasticiser, which tends to escape slowly over the years causing film to shrink gradually. It becomes noticeable with floor tiles, and I would guess it may happen a bit faster with black film on a hot tin roof. But if you don't expect to keep the car for a long time that may not matter - and you can always remove it and reapply, if it hasn't become too brittle.