Peugeot Partner Combi - Peugeot partner 1.6hdi 2015 limp mode - christallant

Hi. Last Tuesday week I took a punt on a very high mileage (261k) pug partner 1.6 hdi. Vehicle has full service history with receipts for all work done including belts, water pump and clutchand a record of mileage.

On Wednesday I did 700 miles and it didn't miss a beat, on Thursday I did 100 miles, filled up with diesel in Nuneaton and approximately 1 mile later went into limp mode, had a screen message saying "engine fault repair needed"

Got recovered and took to garage with pug software but no faults are showing. Mechanic took a sample of fuel, all fine (unfortunately) and tried changing air flow sensor, didn't work so sent it back. Diesel additive tank needs filling with patfluid so he's doing that tomorrow but no idea if that will solve the issue. It is now "juddering" at low speed.

Can anyone suggest what any of these issues may be so I can pass on to the mechanic for investigation?

Thank you

Edited by christallant on 05/05/2021 at 16:37

Peugeot Partner Combi - Peugeot partner 1.6hdi 2015 limp mode - elekie&a/c doctor
First thing I would do is replace the fuel filter. These engines are very sensitive to a good , clean supply of fuel . You may have dragged up some crud after the refuel . Worth a try .
Peugeot Partner Combi - Peugeot partner 1.6hdi 2015 limp mode - christallant
First thing I would do is replace the fuel filter. These engines are very sensitive to a good , clean supply of fuel . You may have dragged up some crud after the refuel . Worth a try .

Thank you, I'll ask him to do that. Really appreciate the response

Peugeot Partner Combi - Peugeot partner 1.6hdi 2015 limp mode - Gibbo_Wirral

Exactly what "pug software" was the garage using?