Kia 1ltr engine ,is it any good? - Plantop

Hi all l am still looking for a new car and have seen several Kia stonics lately ,are they any good?

Kia 1ltr engine ,is it any good? - badbusdriver

Hi all l am still looking for a new car and have seen several Kia stonics lately ,are they any good?

All Kia's come with a 7 year warranty from new, so assuming the car you buy has full Kia history, it will have at least 3 left. Having said that, I'm not aware of any problems specific to Kia's 1.0 turbo.

But be aware that the Stonic isn't especially spacious for its class, it has barely any more space than the Rio, either in the boot or cabin.

Also, it is generally criticised for having a harsh ride, and this is made worse on higher spec cars with bigger wheels.

For those reasons, I'd sooner have a Rio than a Stonic if sticking with Kia. Otherwise (as a manual) if I had to have a small SUV/crossover, I'd rather one of the VAG stable like the VW T-Cross or Seat Arona with the 1.0 TSI.

Kia 1ltr engine ,is it any good? - skidpan

For those reasons, I'd sooner have a Rio than a Stonic if sticking with Kia. Otherwise (as a manual) if I had to have a small SUV/crossover, I'd rather one of the VAG stable like the VW T-Cross or Seat Arona with the 1.0 TSI.

We looked at the Stonic 3 years ago when the wife was changing cars and we were very disappointed. Having owned a Ceed for 5 years we were expecting something better. It was cramped (passengers and boot) and the interior plastics were all hard and nasty. Whilst there we looked at the Rio and it was far better and cheaper. Definitely more space in the boot and the interior quality was a class up. Problem for us was simple, we could not get the combination of trim and engine we desired. it would have been a less powerful motor or higher spec trim and both were too much of a compromise.

We actually bought a Skoda Fabia 1.0 TSi which may seem like a smaller car than either of the Kia's its actually got more spcae for people and luggage and we got the combination of engine and trim for about £5000 less than a Kia. If you are seriously looking for a small SUV take a look at the Skoda Kamiq and whilst you are at the Skoda dealer have a look at the Scala, I appreciate its a hatch but its Golf size for Rio money.