Mercedes racing and undertaking - Caught on my dashcam racing on the A14 - _

I went off to rugby yesterday and as usual had my dashcam running.

A white SUV joine the road with a black mercedes close behind, and we remarked that it had a registration that could belong to a large hooded snake...

Suddenly shot off and both undertook a hgv where another slip road joined.

Do I forward it to Northamptonshires finest?

Answers from the panel please.

Mercedes racing and undertaking - Caught on my dashcam racing on the A14 - bathtub tom

I wouldn't waste your time, although you could give them a bell and see if they're interested.

I was undertaken by an e-scooter doing around 40 in a 30 limit. It then shot a red light. Police response was they'd 'advise' the rider if seen by a BIB.

snap.northants.police.uk/snap

Operation Snap has been set up to help keep our county’s roads as safe as possible.

It allows members of the public to report driving offences in the Northamptonshire area by filling out a form and uploading video evidence they have captured.

Submitted footage and reports are then examined by roads policing officers and can be used to take action against drivers found to be breaking thel law.

Looked at the website and have to be prepared to go to court as a witness.

Mercedes racing and undertaking - Caught on my dashcam racing on the A14 - nellyjak

From what I see on the roads these days you could be doing a lot of reporting and going to court.!!..lol

Mercedes racing and undertaking - Caught on my dashcam racing on the A14 - Engineer Andy

From what I see on the roads these days you could be doing a lot of reporting and going to court.!!..lol

Especially on the A14 - a road famous for its poor safety record. I recall several incident myself whilst travelling along the strech between Huntingdon and Bury St. Edmunds, especially the many two-lane stretches. The combination of a lot of HGVs taking up one lane plus i****s desperate to get to their destination as quickly as possible is a recipe for disaster.

I always found that the slip ons and offs were the most dangerous element, given many were badly designed or for a bygone era of significantly lower traffic levels and slower speeds.

Mercedes racing and undertaking - Caught on my dashcam racing on the A14 - Trilogy.

Especially on the A14 - a road famous for its poor safety record. I recall several incident myself whilst travelling along the strech between Huntingdon and Bury St. Edmunds, especially the many two-lane stretches.

Huntingdon to BSE is now 3 lanes, with the route also changed around Godmanchester.

Mercedes racing and undertaking - Caught on my dashcam racing on the A14 - craig-pd130

If an incident had resulted, there's no question, yes.

But I personally feel ambivalent about using Operation Snap when an incident did not actually happen. For example, if someone overtakes a cyclist without giving them room and forces them to swerve etc, I agree 100% that it's driving without due care, and deserves to be reported if the cyclist has a helmet cam.

But in contrast, you have the likes of Cycling Mikey on Youtube, who has several videos which show him riding on a cycle lane beside a long queue of stationary traffic, stopping riding if he sees a driver holding a phone in a stationary car in the queue, going up to the driver's window, to film them, and then sending the footage in. I'm aware of what the law states, but I'm not comfortable with that sort of self-appointed vigilantism.

So, 2 cars racing on a public road, flooring it and going from lane two on a 2 lanr road to undertake on a joining slip road ?

Not worth reporting.?

My speed on the dashcam was showing as 68, they must have passed 90 mph undertaking....

Edited by _ORB_ on 30/04/2021 at 20:22

Mercedes racing and undertaking - Caught on my dashcam racing on the A14 - badbusdriver

So, 2 cars racing on a public road, flooring it and going from lane two on a 2 lanr road to undertake on a joining slip road ?

Not worth reporting.?

My speed on the dashcam was showing as 68, they must have passed 90 mph undertaking....

Personally ORB, I`d have no qualms about reporting the incident/sending in the footage. If the Police choose not to do anything, well that is up to them.

But I remember making a very similar post a couple of years ago regarding a young female driver overtaking me on double solid lines into oncoming traffic, causing the lead oncoming car to brake hard. The general feeling from other forum members was that if I were to pass the footage onto the Police, I`d be an interfering busybody.

Mercedes racing and undertaking - Caught on my dashcam racing on the A14 - Engineer Andy

If an incident had resulted, there's no question, yes.

But I personally feel ambivalent about using Operation Snap when an incident did not actually happen. For example, if someone overtakes a cyclist without giving them room and forces them to swerve etc, I agree 100% that it's driving without due care, and deserves to be reported if the cyclist has a helmet cam.

But in contrast, you have the likes of Cycling Mikey on Youtube, who has several videos which show him riding on a cycle lane beside a long queue of stationary traffic, stopping riding if he sees a driver holding a phone in a stationary car in the queue, going up to the driver's window, to film them, and then sending the footage in. I'm aware of what the law states, but I'm not comfortable with that sort of self-appointed vigilantism.

I suspect they'll have far more of a chance in getting any traction with today's police and CPS had they 'broken' the COVID 'rules' or woke 'laws'. Unless the incident is really serious, then at most they'll get away with Plod 'having a word'.

Some people will upload such videos to YT etc, but there will be privacy issues on one side, and the other is that it gives publicity to people who like showing off, possibly encouraging others.

Mercedes racing and undertaking - Caught on my dashcam racing on the A14 - Warning

> But in contrast, you have the likes of Cycling Mikey on Youtube, who has several videos which show him riding on a cycle lane beside a long queue of stationary traffic, stopping riding if he sees a driver holding a phone in a stationary car in the queue, going up to the driver's window, to film them, and then sending the footage in

His twitter feed :

23,000 drivers reported in 2019, 360 by me. 869 penalty points and £52,769 in fines+costs so far. 6 disqualified. Tens of thousands of cyclists have cameras.

These cyclists are bunch of hypocrites. They will routinely reports motorists, but not a single video will highlight road offences by a cyclist.

Mercedes racing and undertaking - Caught on my dashcam racing on the A14 - Trilogy.

> But in contrast, you have the likes of Cycling Mikey on Youtube, who has several videos which show him riding on a cycle lane beside a long queue of stationary traffic, stopping riding if he sees a driver holding a phone in a stationary car in the queue, going up to the driver's window, to film them, and then sending the footage in

His twitter feed :

23,000 drivers reported in 2019, 360 by me. 869 penalty points and £52,769 in fines+costs so far. 6 disqualified. Tens of thousands of cyclists have cameras.

These cyclists are bunch of hypocrites. They will routinely reports motorists, but not a single video will highlight road offences by a cyclist.

And you know why. When did you last see a cycle with a number plate?

His twitter feed :

And you know why. When did you last see a cycle with a number plate?

Good point. Certainly not easy, or often dangerous/illegal for a motorist to take a photo of a cyclist (unless their dashcam is brilliant) making a dangerous etc manourvre. Even with numbered badges (like those hire cycles on holiday) can easily be faked, and Plod/DVLA already don't have the resources/nous/will to check up on non-MOTed vehicles or people driving illegally.

I've been almost run over several times in London by i****s on bikes, many who believe that one way streets or red traffic lights don't apply to cycles.

TBH motorists (including HGV drivers and bikers) and cyclists are mostly as bad as eachother, although that's not to say a majority of each group are inconsiderate/dangerous.

Mercedes racing and undertaking - Caught on my dashcam racing on the A14 - John F

Do I forward it to Northamptonshires finest?

No. Life's too short. And this is not old eastern Europe. And sorry to learn that you support arguably one of the most foolish and dangerous sports around.

www.nature.com/articles/3101349

Mercedes racing and undertaking - Caught on my dashcam racing on the A14 - expat

Those cars may well have been stolen. Thieves like those sort of brands and are noted for dangerous driving.

Those cars may well have been stolen. Thieves like those sort of brands and are noted for dangerous driving.

Normally if stolen, surely the criminal would want to keep a low profile, given that they often are ripe for export to the Continent and further afield.

Someone buying the car in the UK would also not want to attract attention either, even if they used a clone reg plate, given the prevalence of CCTV cameras that might be able to track them back to their home area, giving the police a good start to finding the stolen car.

I suspect these sort of berks are people buying second hand fast cars but that have been bored during lockdown and are now 'celebrating' their (relative) freedom of being able to drive outside their area by lashing it down the nearest fast road for a 'larf'.

I regularly see or hear local 'yoofs' caning it along my town's (very straight and smoothly tarmaced) bypass at God-knows-what speeds, especially motorbikes.

Normally if stolen, surely the criminal would want to keep a low profile, given that they often are ripe for export to the Continent and further afield.

Crims are not known for a propensity of brain cells if my experience is anything to go by. Out walking the dog I was stalked one Saturday by a couple in a BMW during the first lockdown last year.

Crims are not known for a propensity of brain cells if my experience is anything to go by. Out walking the dog I was stalked one Saturday by a couple in a BMW during the first lockdown last year.

What were they seemingly after - you or the dog? I've heard of pet thefts, but stalking them or blokes? Maybe they were undercover COVID 'marshalls'...

The dog.

Mercedes racing and undertaking - Caught on my dashcam racing on the A14 - skidpan

I regularly see or hear local 'yoofs' caning it along my town's (very straight and smoothly tarmaced) bypass at God-knows-what speeds, especially motorbikes.

The road where we currently live is dead strait for about 1/2 a mile with a gentle right hand kink about 100 yds from the junction. Its downhill all the way, we live on the steepest bit. Its a 30 mph limit.

Lived here just over 4 years and during that time there have been 9 accidents that I am aware of all involving cars going downhill. All the cars have been severely damaged (most probably written off) but not aware of any sever people injuries.

Think there is a target outside our property. There have been 3 accidents outside the most recent over the Easter weekend when one accident wrote 2 cars off. The neighbour has his car written off when a motorcycle hit him whilst he was turning into the drive, amazingly the motorcyclist got back on his bike and rode off but no luck tracing him, false plates. His son had his car written off whilst parked outside, yet again the other driver failed to stop.

And what have the Police and Council done, they have installed one of those stupid speed display signs that just encourage the yoofs the try and get the highest figure displayed.

When I spoke to them at Easter they told me its being monitored and if its gets worse or someone is killed they will look at it again.

Yippeeee.

And today in Colchester, coming towards me on a motorbike on the cowdray avenue approaching the roundabout,

A motorcyclists, standing on his saddle.

Seen it all now.