Honda Jazz Hybrid - Distance buying new car - Plantop

Evening all,l am looking for some advice about buying from dealers that are a long way from me.I have always purchased my cars from main dealers close to home however the local dealers don’t seem to hold stock any more and are not interested in anything less than the list price, it seems that the dealers further north are able to offer better deals but l am reticent about buying so far from home in case of problems? All advice gratefully received,thanks

Honda Jazz Hybrid - Distance buying new car - badbusdriver

Assuming this is a brand new car, or at the very least, still under manufacturers warranty, you will have no problems. Buy it from wherever you are thinking of (you say further north, I'd be willing to bet I'd consider it, further south!) and get it serviced at your nearest dealer.

Honda Jazz Hybrid - Distance buying new car - RT

If you're thinking of buying unseen, remember that your rights under Consumer Rights Act (CRA) 2015 are against the seller - not the car maker or your local dealer - if you need to reject the car, you'll have to get it back to the seller at your own expense.

Honda Jazz Hybrid - Distance buying new car - Falkirk Bairn

I have 3 sons who buy or have bought cars regularly from a distance - Lancashire, Yorkshire & Newcastle - stretching back 15+ years.

It's a fair hike from where I live but they live up to 130 miles north of me.

Typically offering a better discount, a bigger trade-in or BOTH. Last one, an RS4 was £5K less and £3K more on T/I Discovery - well worth 600 mile round trip - about £13 per mile

No issues on the new cars or having warranty work done. They collect their cars.

Driven delivery is too risky - in my case have difficulties with driven deliveries many years ago -

One stolen en route - left keys in car picking up something to eat

One smashed

One blown engine coming up the road

Honda Jazz Hybrid - Distance buying new car - Theophilus

I've bought three Hondas over the past decade from Honda main agents located 150 miles + distant because of the great discounts they offered. One I travelled to collect when it was ready and the other two were delivered to my door.

I found, as I guess you did, that the sales departments of the main dealers in Southern England had no real interest in offering a discount - but I had no problems at all with any of the transactions, and the local Honda dealers have been very happy to provide ongoing support / servicing.

Go for it - the savings can be very substantial.

Edited by Theophilus on 28/04/2021 at 11:02

Honda Jazz Hybrid - Distance buying new car - _

Another vote for travelling for a better price, as well as lessening the shock of depreciation.

Go for it.

Honda Jazz Hybrid - Distance buying new car - madf

I travelled 80 miles to Leeds to buy my Jazz: Honda dealer there was £1500 cheaper than any local dealer.

No problems at all.

Honda Jazz Hybrid - Distance buying new car - Gibbo_Wirral

Just bear in mind any warranty issues where they say you have to get the car back to them for inspection.

Honda Jazz Hybrid - Distance buying new car - Heidfirst

Just bear in mind any warranty issues where they say you have to get the car back to them for inspection.

If it's a brand new car & bought from an official dealer then should he have any problem he should be able to take it to any dealer of that manufacturer for warranty work.

Honda Jazz Hybrid - Distance buying new car - Engineer Andy

I travelled 80 miles to Leeds to buy my Jazz: Honda dealer there was £1500 cheaper than any local dealer.

No problems at all.

I suppose it depends on the make (reliability/post-sales customer service), how far is far away, how much the saving is (£, not % off) and how old the car is. I was perfectly happy to drive over 100 miles to Derby to pick up my Mazda3 from the Motorpoint showroom (none closer back in 2006), especially as the car only had delivery mileage only on the clock.

With an older second hand car, I would think twice about travelling that far unless I was essentially guaranteed the car was fine. I'd certainly never buy a proper second-hand car (technically mine was) without a test drive and inspection before committing to it.

No problems at all.

I suppose it depends on the make (reliability/post-sales customer service), how far is far away, how much the saving is (£, not % off) and how old the car is. I was perfectly happy to drive over 100 miles to Derby to pick up my Mazda3 from the Motorpoint showroom (none closer back in 2006), especially as the car only had delivery mileage only on the clock.

With an older second hand car, I would think twice about travelling that far unless I was essentially guaranteed the car was fine. I'd certainly never buy a proper second-hand car (technically mine was) without a test drive and inspection before committing to it.

It was still under warranty and had the balance of 5 years free servicing.

I would not buy an out of maker's warranty car so far away for your reasons.

Honda Jazz Hybrid - Distance buying new car - groaver

Honda, VW, Suzuki and Skoda all bought in Birmingham, Northampton, London and Burnley. I live in Scotland.

Some franchise dealers for the marque, some not.

All still under some manufacturer's warranty.

Never had a problem.

Go for it once you've checked the company out.

Edited by groaver on 28/04/2021 at 13:59

Honda Jazz Hybrid - Distance buying new car - daveyK_UK
A good friend travelled up to Motorpoint Castleford for a Honda Jazz a year or so ago, got a huge saving compared with Honda dealers in Essex for a similar 1 year old car.

If your buying new, then the risks are near zero.
Honda Jazz Hybrid - Distance buying new car - Andrew-T

<< With an older second hand car, I would think twice about travelling that far unless I was essentially guaranteed the car was fine. I'd certainly never buy a proper second-hand car (technically mine was) without a test drive and inspection before committing to it. >>

With the exception of my current 'daily' 207SW, which came from the dealer 30 miles away, that is how I have bought all my 'older second-hand cars' for the last 15 years. Some purchases, not all, have entailed a lot of emails asking for more photos or information, but all have turned out OK. All have been collected and driven home without a problem, some for well over 200 miles.

The important point is that they were what I was looking for at the time, and competitive alternatives were even further away.

Honda Jazz Hybrid - Distance buying new car - Plantop

Thanks for all of your reply’s much appreciated,does anybody know how long on average Honda hybrid batteries last?

www.honda.co.uk/engineroom/electric/hybrid/ultimat.../

clubjazz.org/forum/index.php?board=162.0

Honda Jazz Owners Club has ;lots of knowledgeable users of hybrids.

Honda Jazz Hybrid - Distance buying new car - barney100

Car Wow or similar?

Honda Jazz Hybrid - Distance buying new car - Warning

I have had the same issues with Honda dealers (although this is an issue with most brands). In the end I bought a run around from an independent dealer.

You have to see the car in person. I have seen really odd things, like a car that smelt like parrots. Another had a wet car boot, and mould was growing. None of these things you can see in the photo.Other cars had n't been valeted and they had chocolate and sweet wrappers on the back seats.

I did consider going up North, to pick up a car, but they are located in odd places, with bad transport connections. Unless you have a friend, who can come along, to drive the car.... It is a bit of drama....

Honda Jazz Hybrid - Distance buying new car - Falkirk Bairn

Honda Jazz Hybrid is a nigh on brand new car

UNLIKELY to have water leaks, mould etc etc etc as it would be back under warranty to get fixed.

Admittedly if you were buying a 2nd hand car say with 8+ years and 100K on the clock then buying at a distance is dodgy.

You have to see the car in person. I have seen really odd things, like a car that smelt like parrots.

What do parrots smell like? Strikingly different to other birds? Are they renowned for B.O.? :-)

You have to see the car in person. I have seen really odd things, like a car that smelt like parrots.

What do parrots smell like? Strikingly different to other birds? Are they renowned for B.O.? :-)

Have you never smelled the bottom of a parrots cage.

Or the muckheap on a chicken farm?

You haven't lived !

VILE is a kindly description.

Have you never smelled the bottom of a parrots cage.

Sadly not on my 'bucket list' of things to do before I croak! Why would anyone want to smell the bottom of a parrot cage? :-)

Or the muckheap on a chicken farm?

I have been to a few farms, including where silage was stored. My parents' home town has a 'pong' that comes every early autmn from surrounding farms (presumably muck-spreading time) when the wind is the 'right' direction, so I am aware of that sort of smell. :-)

You haven't lived !

((chuckle))

VILE is a kindly description.

I've also had to use quite a few building site toilet facilities, so I know what that is! ;-)