O2 sensor = Stalling? - Kimion
I've been having a few problems with intermittent stalling when coming to a stop or slowing down. I understand that the most likely problem would be with a faulty idle speed controller or a vacuum leak.
I've cleaned out the isc and air intake piping and checked for a leak to no avail.
Could a faulty O2 sensor cause similar problems?, as I know they tend to crash often on Peugeot 306s
O2 sensor = Stalling? - Adam Going (Tune-Up)
Yes, O2 Sensor certainly a possibility. To check it out you need a suitable oscilloscope. Output should run smoothly up and down between 0.0v and 1.0v approx every 1.5 secs at idle, faster at higher revs.

Regards, Adam
Whatever is rightly done, however humble, is noble.
O2 sensor = Stalling? - Peter D
If the O2 sensor was faulty would n't the ECU light be on. Try, at tick over, turning on all the lights and fan blower, does the tick over slow down, if so this indicates that the tick over servo motor that controlls the idle speed may be to blame for your problem. Regards Peter
O2 sensor = Stalling? - Adam Going (Tune-Up)
If the O2 sensor fails completely then yes, it should put the management light (if fitted) on. However, most O2 sensor faults involve the sensor output becoming very slow in switching frequency, making it impossible for the ECU to react quickly enough in mixture control. As the sensor IS producing a signal this is not always seen as a fault. A classic case of "no fault found" when the ECU is interrogated, but a problem does exist, and will only be realised by someone who understands the way the system works, as opposed to total reliance on the fault code system.

This is not to say the Idle Speed Control Valve or Stepper Motor is not the problem, but I would certainly want to check/eliminate the O2 sensor first.

Regards, Adam
Whatever is rightly done, however humble, is noble.
Thanks for the replies, i'll check the sensor tommorrow
O2 sensor = Stalling? - Peter D
Hi Kimion,

Do you have a scope or where abouts are you ??

Regards

Peter
Tried turning on the lights and all at idle, the tick over did slow quite a bit.
The o2 sensor checked out OK, at least thats eliminated, so have to check the idle controller.
Has anyone got a cheap one spare!!??