VW Caddy weird indicator glitch? - badbusdriver

Driving to work this morning, indicating to turn right off the main road and I noticed that the left hand indicator display on the dashboard was flashing. Looked at the indicator stalk thinking I'd inadvertently pushed it the wrong way, but no. I then tried the left indicator but nothing showing on the dashboard, then tried the hazard lights, they were fine. Drove along a bit thinking about it, I had my lights on at the time, so switched them off and tried the indicators again getting the same result, right hand indicator made the left hand dash indicator show, left hand indicator, nothing. Put headlights back on and put them on full beam (this is on the indicator stalk) before trying the indicators again, now they are working as they should, and when I put the headlights back on dip, they were working as they should, and with the headlights off again, still working as they should.

Is this simply a case of replacing the indicator stalk or could it be something a bit more complicated?.

Thanks in advance!

VW Caddy weird indicator glitch? - elekie&a/c doctor
Could be an indicator stalk fault . Slightly excessive resistance across the switch contacts may cause the body control module to receive incorrect info as to which side is operating. Try moving the stalk across the left right action to wipe the contacts .
VW Caddy weird indicator glitch? - badbusdriver

Will give that a try, thanks Doc!

VW Caddy weird indicator glitch? - Mark Hession
Hi I am having the exact same issue as you, the right signal puts on the left indicator. How did you resolve your issue? Thanks