Small World - AR-CoolC
How's this for coincidence ?

About 6 months ago my brother traded-in his little KA for somthing a little bigger, about a week or so later I noticed that a couple across the road had bought his old car.

Then on Saturday the new V5 came through for our year old punto, and it turns out the original owner was a chap about 7 doors down from us.

Anyone else had similar happen ??
Small World - Mark (RLBS)
Living in Brazil I wanted to buy a car for my sister in the UK. A friend of mine in the UK managed to sort out that a member of his family was selling a vehicle which would be most suitable (as it has proved to be).

I got taken by him to his family member to look at and subsequently buy the car - in a completely different part of the country to where my sister lives. When we were doing the V5 bit I commented that the surname the car was registered in was actually the same as my sister's married name.

Turns out it was the same family.
Small World - SjB {P}
Brother, then living in Aylesbury, parted company with his F-reg Vx Astra when it reached its' third birthday in 1991. A couple of weeks ago, he spotted it in Cornwall, spotlessly clean and apparently going well.
Small World - Andrew-T
In the late 80s, when our girls were learning to drive, I got a bright blue 79T Mini which turned out to have a strange history. In its first incarnation it was white, and written off in a freezing Boxing-day smash where it ended upside-down. I think it was reshelled using one of the original doors and the bonnet-prop, which had been white. Even the shell had been given a hard time under the pedals by someone, and the previous owner said he had replaced the engine after it blew up. Anyway, after a while we decided we needed something a bit more wholesome, so got rid. About a year later some intrepid person belted past us on the M6 in it - the only time I can remember seeing one of our 'ex's' on the road.
Small World - Technoprat {P}
A few years ago I was slightly tailgated by a BMW driver on the M20 near Dover. 2 weeks later, the same car ran into the back of me in Rome. 3 months later, I checked into a hotel in Perth, Western Australia - guess who the manager was?
Small World - Hugo {P}
My parents parted with a Mk 1 (old P reg) Renault 5 in the early 80s in Hampshire to a friend of ours. A few years later My dad and I were in a car park at Heathrow Airport where we saw it.

It turns out our friend had sold it on to another of his mates, who actually got it impounded in the car park for leaving it there too long. He was told he had to pay £400 to get it back, he refused and bought it back at auction for £80!

Later my mother traded in our Volvo 244DL at a Penryn (Cornwall) garage. A few years later I saw that it Falmouth. Not that much of a coincidence there as Penryn and Falmouth are fairly close to each other though.

H
Small World - king arthur
I sold a 1.6 Montego once to a trader, and I never saw it again. Thankfully.
Small World - novice_on_cars
A few years ago I was slightly tailgated by a BMW
driver on the M20 near Dover. 2 weeks later, the same
car ran into the back of me in Rome. 3 months
later, I checked into a hotel in Perth, Western Australia -
guess who the manager was?

lol whats the chance of that?, did you get free rooms?
Small World - Pat L
Not really a small world story, but an unusual ownership story.

In 1986 I bought a brown (!) B reg Cavalier and two years later sold it to a friend for £2800. About five years after that I needed a cheap second car and he was selling the Cavalier, so I bought it back for £200. Hence I owned a car twice!

Incidentally, as I was typing this he phoned me!

Pat
Small World - Ian (Cape Town)
I saw my father's old company car parked outside my local watering-hole in Cape Town.
What's so co-incidental about that?
It was from a company in the town of East London - about 1200kms away - and is a 1980 Cortina estate, which the old man got shot of in 83! Bizarrely, it still has the same radio, the same ding in the front bumper AND there is still the 'stump' of a CB radio aerial attached to the top of the tailgate!