Any Thoughts? - joseph3777ee
Hi: Am hoping to buy the Freelander Kalahari Td4 Diesel. Would welcome any views readers may have.

Thanks in advance
J
ANY THOUGHTS? - DavidHM
Yes. Hide. Now. You're not going to like what's coming.
ANY THOUGHTS? - Pugugly {P}
Superb engine, Superb badge and er....that;s it.
ANY THOUGHTS? - AlanGowdy
I can't speak from personal experience but it's supposed to be one of the most unreliable and poorly built cars in the solar system .... so they say.

I'm sure others more familiar with the make will add their thoughts.
ANY THOUGHTS? - bazza
Check out all the reviews - buy a Nissan X Trail instead!
ANY THOUGHTS? - LongDriver {P}
I agree...Test drive an X-Trail and buy that instead!

Freelander gets a face lift this autumn...that won't make much difference, as it really needs a body transplant!
ANY THOUGHTS? - eMBe {P}
Would welcome any views readers may have.>>

Yes, with a title like "any thoughts" (and in CAPITALS), you won't get many people reading the thread.

Those like me just passing time might look at it, and then say "Certainly buy this Land Rover - if after doing full research, you are convinced that it meets your needs."
ANY THOUGHTS? - Hugo {P}
Take a look at HJs Car by Car breakdown.

I did this a few months ago and came to the conclusion that there's a lot of choice out there, and the Freelander does not come top of the pile my any means.

I think you can get Freelander spec for a few grand less, although I like the look of them.

H
ANY THOUGHTS? - Morris Ox
Have driven three Freelanders in my time, every single one suffered a fault, though I enjoyed driving the Td4, which worked well as a package...but not as a car!

Just how poor the Freelander's record is is illustrated by the fact that Ford has shifted production of its from Soihull to the Jaguar plant at Halewood. Why? Because, despite numerous 'fixes' Solihull is stubbinrly unable to build it properly.
Freelanders. - M.M
A real life feedback...

Owner on second because she loved the first so much.

Owner happy with vehicle despite many issues.... but thought dealers could have been better at "100% repair first time".

Owner happy despite needing new petrol engine at 20K, LR paid.

Owner with nice colour/spec TDi over the moon and trouble free so far.

You can get lucky.

M.M
ANY THOUGHTS? - king arthur
Have driven three Freelanders in my time, every single one suffered
a fault, though I enjoyed driving the Td4, which worked well
as a package...but not as a car!
Just how poor the Freelander's record is is illustrated by the
fact that Ford has shifted production of its from Soihull to
the Jaguar plant at Halewood. Why? Because, despite numerous 'fixes' Solihull
is stubbinrly unable to build it properly.

Not "has shifted", rather "has threatened to shift".
ANY THOUGHTS? - Morris Ox
I thought it was a done deal? Do you know otherwise?
ANY THOUGHTS? - king arthur
They have said the new Freelander will be built at Halewood, they haven't actually moved it there yet.
ANY THOUGHTS? - pd
As well as all the other point against it, the Freelander also has a very poor NCAP safety rating.
ANY THOUGHTS? - Martin Wall
I think that what people are syaing is that you could do a LOT better for the same or less money. Why anybody would buy a Freelander with their own money is beyond me I'm afraid. Get a RAV4 or a CRV or an X Trail instead....

good luck!
ANY THOUGHTS? - Johnny20
Toyota RAV4 D4D - looks funky, newer design than the Freelander, 200% more reliable and 0-60 times are faster 12.1 against 13.2. I know 0-60 times proabably won't be appreciated but it sweetens it up a bit :-)..and its cheaper, I think.