Audi Q2 - Exhaust condensation - Tonyx
I have just test driven a Audi Q2 2018 with 15,000 miles. My concern is that I drove it about 4 miles on normal roads then 5miles on the motorway at about 50 mph and then put my foot down several times and there was clouds of what appears to be white condensation coming out of the exhaust is this normal ? Your comments please.
Audi Q2 - Exhaust condensation - RT

No, it's not normal - walk away and find another.

Audi Q2 - Exhaust condensation - daveyjp

What engine? If diesel a DPF regen may have been taking place.

Audi Q2 - Exhaust condensation - Tonyx
Thank you for your help so far. I should have mentioned it is a 1.4 Fsti many thanks.
Audi Q2 - Exhaust condensation - skidpan
Thank you for your help so far. I should have mentioned it is a 1.4 Fsti many thanks.

Its a 1.4 TFSi actually. The exact same engine (all built in the Skoda plant) in VW's, Skoda's and Seat's is called a TSi. The "F" is simply Audi one-upmanship and no more.

Audi Q2 - Exhaust condensation - Metropolis.
Avoid avoid avoid, sounds like coolant getting into the exhaust system. Typical Head Gasket failure warning sign.
Audi Q2 - Exhaust condensation - London calling

Could it be this... When the engine cools down completely and exhaust gasses exit the combustion chamber, condensation of water and carbon dioxide can be noticed much more, and in a moment like this, you notice water dripping from your car's exhaust pipe. This is completely normal..from google, also shows clouds of steam coming from exhaust..

Audi Q2 - Exhaust condensation - edlithgow

Could it be this... When the engine cools down completely and exhaust gasses exit the combustion chamber, condensation of water and carbon dioxide can be noticed much more, and in a moment like this, you notice water dripping from your car's exhaust pipe. This is completely normal..from google, also shows clouds of steam coming from exhaust..

From the OP's description, it was happening a lot, and when the engine was fully warmed up.

So probably head gasket, as above

Audi Q2 - Exhaust condensation - John F

Yes, but for a short time only, not after several miles.

From the OP's description, it was happening a lot, and when the engine was fully warmed up.

So probably head gasket, as above

Agreed. The words 'touch' and 'bargepole' come to mind.

Audi Q2 - Exhaust condensation - Andrew-T

... exhaust gasses exit the combustion chamber, condensation of water and carbon dioxide can be noticed much more, ...

Condensation of carbon dioxide ? It must be a lot colder than I thought !

But head gasket failure at 15K miles ? Might it have been 'clocked' too ?

Edited by Andrew-T on 12/04/2021 at 17:40