Help-lost my logbook - Sally Peters

Oh dear, I have someone who wants to buy my car but I cabt find the logbook. I have searched everywhere but its gone.
I suppose I need a new one from DVLC. What do they want from me to get another one?
Can anyone help please?

Sally Peters
Help-lost my logbook - sean
Hello Sally,

Nice to have another lady on the Forum. No, I'm not, but there aren't many here.

Nip down to your local Post Office and get a form. Not all offices keep them and you might have to find a Crown Post Office.

You will need your VIN number.

This is stamped onto the body of your car and possibly in the handbook.

You will also need your registration number.

And a fee. Not much, but I don't know the figure.

It just comes through the post, in a couple of weeks.

Is your buyer bothered? Many would be and you will probably have to write something like:
This is my vehicle to sell
Not owned by a finance company etc
I have lost the V5 and undertake to provide a new one.

Good luck
Help-lost my logbook - eMBe {P}
Sally: look up

www.dvla.gov.uk/faq/faq_lost_documents.htm

>>>>> " I have lost my registration document, how do I obtain a duplicate?
You can obtain a new document by filling in form V62 which you can get online at
www.dvla.gov.uk/forms/frms_vehicles.htm
or from any Post Office. The completed form should be sent to DVLC, Swansea, SA99 1AR. A new document will then be issued to you in about 3 - 4 weeks. If you later find the original then please return it to us with a covering letter stating what has happened. " >>>>

Help-lost my logbook - DavidHM
If the buyer is willing to take the car without the V5 (logbook) then fine. AFAIK here is no need for you to fill out the V62 yourself and then give them the new V5(2). When I bought my car last year, I just filled out my own V10 (?) form for a change of keeper and that was that.

However, note that the new keeper will need either a V5 or a DVLA tax disc reminder in their own name to tax the car. If there is more than three months' tax remaining, this is no problem but any less than that and it's probably worth postponing the sale as the car will be worth less, due to the potential delay in receiving the V5 and thus not being able to use the car if no V5 has arrived before the tax has expired.
Help-lost my logbook - Hugo {P}
This happened to me, I bought a van but the V that I sent off got lost in the post.

V62 with Reg and chassis number - problem solved - no fee.

****Signature? - Ideas on a postcard please anyone!****

Hugo
Help-lost my logbook - guzzler
I sent my V62 (or was it V60?) off on Monday and the V5 arrived yesterday, a six day round trip, not bad really!
Help-lost my logbook - Sally Peters

Thank you all very much.You are knights of the road. I will post the form in the morning & hope that I get as good a service as the person above(dont like to call you g......)

best wishes

Sally Peters
I've been called worse, Sally.
Best of luck,
John
Help-lost my logbook - frostbite

>>I will post the form in the morning

And what's the betting you will find the logbook in the afternoon - in the 'safe' place you stowed it.
I've just received another logbook this morning???
Efficient or what!
Help-lost my logbook - eMBe {P}
I've just received another logbook this morning???
Efficient or what!

Just pray that you will not now get one a week, until you fill in a form asking them to stop. Keep your fingers crossed that you are not on their "junk mail" list.
Help-lost my logbook - blinky
Found myself in a similar situation. When my car wouldn't start (dead disributor which equalled new distributor, plugs - old ones too soaked in petrol, and rotor arm) I went to look through the safe place where I keep all my documents together to find details of a few garages I'd used and to my horror my V5 and MOT certificate weren't there. I'd already found the info for getting a new V5 but is there a way of getting a replacement MOT certificate or should I just pay for a retest?

I always keep everything together and the last time I had the MOT certificate was when I renewed my Tax in Feb. I could have sworn I'd put it back but it wasn't there, but my insurance docs are (which I would also need to do the tax).
Help-lost my logbook - dieselnut
I belive you have to go back to the garage that issued the MOT.
You will need to tell them roughly the date it was done & the car reg. They can issue a duplicate for a small fee.
Help-lost my logbook - blinky
thanks for the tip
Help-lost my logbook - Mapmaker
I have a vague feeling - I think I read it on the back of my latest MOT cert. that there is some central register that will reissue an MOT cert. for a fee. Doubtless somebody else can confirm.
Help-lost my logbook - madux
Sorry Sally.
I've ripped the house apart from top to bottom but it's not here!