Vauxhall Astra - best website to sell a car through FAST! - Gordon the golfer

Hi guys. im just after a bit of advice. ive got my new car coming next and need to sell current 2013 astra asap.

can you recommend any marketplaces where i can advertise for sale to get a quick sale?

please dont mention online auctions. i have bad experiences with online auctions.

thanks

Vauxhall Astra - best website to sell a car through FAST! - chris87
Autotrader, but price it accordingly. It’s not a seller’s market however you look at it.

anyone else?

Vauxhall Astra - best website to sell a car through FAST! - Big John

Get a quote from Webuyanycar?

It'll be difficult to sell a car privately during lockdown.

Vauxhall Astra - best website to sell a car through FAST! - skidpan

WBAC, surely its obvious.

Vauxhall Astra - best website to sell a car through FAST! - badbusdriver

WBAC, surely its obvious.

As above, but given you (presumably) knew the new car was coming, why leave it till the last minute sell the old car?.

You can also try motorway.co.uk, itms like wbac, but better prices.
Vauxhall Astra - best website to sell a car through FAST! - daveyK_UK
WBAC
Evans Halshaw
Arnold Clark

All 3 will quote you an immediate price
WBAC Evans Halshaw Arnold Clark All 3 will quote you an immediate price

I said WBAC because they have a shed in a car park in most large towns. But when we sold the Note the local Evans Halshaw bettered the WBAC quote but a few hundred and and did not knock anything off that on-line quote when they saw it.

Money was in the bank within the hour at no extra cost.

WBAC offered £1773 for my car. like for like selling on AT for over £3k. no thanks

Vauxhall Astra - best website to sell a car through FAST! - pd

Sounds about right to me. The obvious thing to do is put it on auto trader for £3k then.

Vauxhall Astra - best website to sell a car through FAST! - Terry W

WBAC are at best a waste of time, and at worst close to dishonest.

Tried selling them a 120k 9 year old Octavia, described it accurately (mechanically very good, bodywork with minor "age" related marks). Got there and they immediately tried to knock £900 off the offer price which was well below trade in.

Will not be dealing with them again!

Vauxhall Astra - best website to sell a car through FAST! - RT

WBAC are at best a waste of time, and at worst close to dishonest.

Tried selling them a 120k 9 year old Octavia, described it accurately (mechanically very good, bodywork with minor "age" related marks). Got there and they immediately tried to knock £900 off the offer price which was well below trade in.

Will not be dealing with them again!

WBAC works fine for cars which are in demand by the trade and in top condition - for those where the trade already has a surplus or with defects, the rose-tinted expectations leads to disappointment

"age-related" marks have a cost penalty.

Edited by RT on 28/03/2021 at 13:09

Vauxhall Astra - best website to sell a car through FAST! - badbusdriver

WBAC offered £1773 for my car. like for like selling on AT for over £3k. no thanks

Yes, but you, in your own words, need to sell your car "ASAP".

Undoubtably you could get more selling it on Autotrader, but how long is that going to take?

Vauxhall Astra - best website to sell a car through FAST! - Will deBeast

Those on AT may not be selling. Or may be selling for less than advertised.

Vauxhall Astra - best website to sell a car through FAST! - mcb100
Have you done a deal for a new car yet?
If not, offer it to the dealer - as long as it fits their used car criteria, it’s a potential method of getting a better deal on your new car.
A dealer likes to take a car in that they can hopefully make a bit of money on, rather than you sell it to WBAC, who pass it to British Car Auctions, from whom the dealer buys it at a higher price than they offered you. Cut out the middleman and let the dealer offer a price, they have room to manoeuvre on the trade in.

Edited by mcb100 on 28/03/2021 at 14:13

Vauxhall Astra - best website to sell a car through FAST! - daveyK_UK
Do you know for certain ‘they are selling for £3k’ or are they advertised for £3k?

Most traders will put £1k profit on each used vehicle, so £1.7k isn’t too bad
I would suggest this too. Go speak to a dealer about the new car without mentioning a trade-in, agree a price and when done, say you’ll do the deal straight away but he takes your p/x for value x. Take it or leave, plenty of other dealers who would love to sell something nowadays.
Vauxhall Astra - best website to sell a car through FAST! - pd

If it's a decent car someone will buy it. There is a huge shortage of stock and cars out there which are any good.

Dealers are actually desperate for good stock.

Vauxhall Astra - best website to sell a car through FAST! - mcb100
‘Dealers are actually desperate for good stock.’

Agreed. A dealer group with whom I’m familiar usually carry 3200 used cars, as of yesterday it was down to just over 2500.

If it's a decent car someone will buy it.

I think its a car the OP was having issues with a few weeks ago. If that is the case its better not to sell it privately.

Vauxhall Astra - best website to sell a car through FAST! - Steveieb

Also try Facebook Market Place.

Then any friends who are looking for a car will know about it ?

Vauxhall Astra - best website to sell a car through FAST! - bathtub tom

Then any friends who are looking for a car will know about it ?

NO! Never sell a car to a friend or relative. It will go wrong eventually and they'll always blame you.