Road widening (ie. Dorset) - Brill {P}
We are looking to relocate from Surrey to the Dorset area at the moment. Plenty of property to view, but some are near main roads (such as the A35) which are single carriageway in parts and dual in other stretches. What's the best way to find out about planned widening (and therefore avoid the house which will be on a dual carriageway in the future)?

Is there a planning website showing future road development/widening?

Thanks,
Stu

ps. any Dorset based Backroomers care to email me if they are willing to give general advice re. local areas, services, schools, blah, blah...that would be most welcome off site.
Road widening (ie. Dorset) - Phoenicks
I live in bournemouth brill - can i help at all?
Road widening (ie. Dorset) - Dwight Van Driver
Doubtful if Dorset will have published any road improvement plans on the Web. If an 'A' class road is involved then the County Council as agents for D of T will be responsible. Whilst certain plans may have been published in the local paper then to me there are 3 avenues to go down:

(1) Editor of Local Paper. A good reference Library will have a copy of Willinks Press Guide which lists ALL newspapers in UK.

(2) Traffic Management Department of the County Council. (May even suggest also the DISTRICT Council of the area you are interested in.)

(3) Solicitor when you are arranging house purchase to see what future developments likely to effect your purchase.

Hope this helps

DVD
Road widening (ie. Dorset) - Dynamic Dave
ps. any Dorset based Backroomers care to email me if they
are willing to give general advice re. local areas, services,
schools, blah, blah...that would be most welcome off site.

www.upmystreet.com/overview/?l1=dorset
Road widening (ie. Dorset) - joshua
Hi,
not aware of any road widening plans, but email if you wish,I live in a village just of the A35 called Lytchett Matravers,never know might be able to help.

regards
Road widening (ie. Dorset) - SpamCan61 {P}
Useful site for looking at crime rates etc. for a given postcode:- www.neighbourhood.statistics.gov.uk/Default.asp?ns...e

I live on the Hants/Dorset border if that's any use ;-))
Road widening (ie. Dorset) - Altea Ego
Go to www.upmystreet.com

The find your local council web site from there, and you will find most councils have minutes of council meetings archived, where all planning discussions will have been discussed.
Road widening (ie. Dorset) - novicejon
I work in the Highways Agency and we get a lot of property searches to see if there is major road works planned for trunk roads however they are generally from solicitors so I would have thought it would be up to them to contact your local HA office, which is area 2 for the A35, which is a trunk road, and your local district council for the other roads.