Tricolor Salvage begins - SjB {P}
Remember the Tricolor freighter that sank in the Channel with almost 3000 new cars on board? Apparently three other ships have hit it already, so it's not before time that salvage is about to begin, by cutting it in to nine sections, each then being raised individually:

news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/england/3088233.stm

Looking at the photographs, and letting the scale of it sink in for a minute, methinks it's going to be quite a task.
Tricolor Salvage begins - Blue {P}
I'd really love to see pictures of the cars once they are recovered. Wonder how good modern rustproofing is? :-)

Blue
Tricolor Salvage begins - Godfrey H {P}
Psst anyone want to buy secondhand BMW, Volvo, and Merc parts. Never been used on the road honest!

Sorry I'll get me coat.
Tricolor Salvage begins - matt35 {P}
I recall someone suggesting that if they gave it a good wallop all the air bags would go off and it would come to the top.
Matt35.
Tricolor Salvage begins - Pugugly {P}
www.timesonline.co.uk/newspaper/0,,171-767520,00.h...l
I want to see pictures of the cars!

Blue
Tricolor Salvage begins - henry k
The Daily Mail has a two page centre spread and big pictures today Tue
Tricolor Salvage begins - flatfour
will these cars find there way back on the road?
Tricolor Salvage begins - Dynamic Dave
will these cars find there way back on the road?

A quote from timesonline.co.uk :-

Smit, the Dutch salvage company, said the 2,862 BMWs, Saabs and Volvos would be crushed and melted down, despite some cars being remarkably intact after eight months immersed in one of the world?s busiest shipping lanes.

A Smit spokesman said: ?I think the car companies are concerned about liabilities if any parts are sold and then a problem occurs down the line. They may look fine now but the rust will begin soon after they are exposed to oxygen.?
Tricolor Salvage begins - Dynamic Dave
I want to see pictures of the cars!

Here you go then:-

www.thesun.co.uk/article/0,,2-2003360085,,00.html

images.thesun.co.uk/picture/0,,2003360228,00.jpg

That says a lot for modern rustproofing, they look pretty good all things considered!

Blue