MOT stickers - J Bonington Jagworth
We haven't had one of these before, but I was expecting it to be intended for sticking inside the glass. Not so! It is a normal peel-off-the-back sticker, so where should one, er, put it? Presumably it has some value, so sticking it anywhere outside is asking for it to be nicked, but it ain't designed for fixing inside...

(It also has the strange message 'do not affix to paintwork' - I'm baffled!)
MOT stickers - sean
Hi jbj.

I took the Golf for it's MoT recently and was told that the paper cert was the last I'd get. It's all being computerised as, under EU law, insurance, MoT and roadtax have to be on a centralised, searchable database.

The sticker you refer to will eventually go on the rear numberplate, I believe, like in germany.

The reason for the warning is that it is designed to bond to the surface after a period of time, so defacement tampering is apparent.

It is designed to have stronger glue than the adhesion of the car paintwork to the metal.

Not properly thought through yet. Supposed to have strict rules about issuing new number plates. Many comply. Check Halfords.

Many don't. Check Car Boot Sales and Autojumbles.

Government omission.

Will no doubt go all around the houses but eventually get there.
MOT stickers - Pugugly {P}
My XT250 was tested on 29.6 - I carefully stuck it on the number plate as per the advise here, blinking thing fell off following first rainstorm - I wouldn't have minded but it was bone dry in a shed at the time.
MOT stickers - hootie
It must be compulsory to display it right? otherwise why would they exist? but I didn't get one when I had my MOT done a month early, at the beginning of July.

I've only remembered hearing about the stickers since reading this tonight.

"Appearances can be Deceptive"
MOT stickers - Dizzy {P}
It must be compulsory to display it right? >>

No, it's not compulsory ..... yet!
MOT stickers - Dynamic Dave
The way I understand it is that you stick it to the inside of your windscreen as a reminder to yourself of the date when your MOT is next due.
My car's not due an MOT until Nov, but I've recently had the bike done and stuck the label inside the topbox so that I can see the date everytime I open the lid.
MOT stickers - mr_right
I got mine in May and they do stick to the inside of your window the date part is only for your reference, (I asked the guy who did my MOT where to stick it, he neva said the number plate!!) All the police will eventually want to see i suppose is the MOT sign on the reverse to know that it has an MOT. I know before you say it they are not hard to copy but thats not my problem, you still need the paper work to go with it!!!!

MOT stickers - A Dent{P}
I have just had an MOT and I stuck the stiker in the top right of my screen as a reminder.
If there will be a number plate sticker that bonds itself, how do you replace it next year? stick another over the top of it?.
Seems open to abuse, fraud and sabotage by nasty neibours.
MOT stickers - Cliff Pope
Mine was stuck on the inside of the glass, next to the tax disc, by the MOT man. It displays the MOT sign (for Mr Plod) on the outside and the expiry date (for me) on the inside. A bit like the old "10 year tested" stickers when MOTs first came in.
Unless mine is a different sort, there would be no point in sticking it to the number plate because then the MOT sign wouldn't show - or are they sticky on both sides? And what's the point of the date if it's hidden glued to the numberplate?
I recently MOTed another car at ATS and they said they didn't do stickers.
"a reminder to yourself"

It never occurred to me that the date was meant to face inside! I suppose they could produce different coloured ones annually, but if it's meant to be evidence of a current MOT, then showing the date would be more sensible, surely? I don't need reminding - my garage sees to that!
And I meant to add that, as they're new, some instructions might have been a good idea (apart from not 'affixing' to paintwork). Typical bureaucratic ineptitude - we're going to issue stickers for MOT's but we're not going to tell anyone how to use them!
MOT stickers - Big Vern
The new mot in N.Ireland www.mot2-ni.gov.uk/ issues tax disc style badges to place on the windscreen showing the car reg number and expiry date to all who care to look, and as a nice touch the free holder has a white box on the back (ie the side visible to the occupents of the car) where you can write the month of mot expiry as a reminder to yourself.
MOT stickers - Rob the Bus {P}
Hi JBJ

This was mentioned back in April - take a look at:

www.honestjohn.co.uk/forum/post/index.htm?f=28t=12...3

Hope that helps

Cheers

Rob
"Lord of Lard"