Pierburg 2E2 carb documentation - zahei
I need the documentation for Solex 2E2 carburettor that equippes the 1.8l VW Scirocco EX engine. I want to clean my carburettor but I won't do it in a "open_it_and_wonder_how_to_put_it_all_together_again" manner.
Please, somebody that has an electronic version of the Solex documentation, share it with me.

dan.
Pierburg 2E2 carb documentation - Adam Going (Tune-Up)
Dan, don't !!
Fit a Weber.
Adam.

Whatever is rightly done, however humble, is noble.
Adam, I'm not going to spend any money on other carburettor since mine is working just fine. I just want to clean it since it seems pretty dirty and since the gas here in Romania is not of the highest quality I expect to be constrained to clean it eventually. Why not earlier?

dan.
Pierburg 2E2 carb documentation - Adam Going (Tune-Up)
Dan, OK, take your point !

You may be lucky and have somone respond with 'electronic' info, but basically it is a case of obtaining an overhaul/gasket kit and taking it apart carefully, making notes, and re-assembling in reverse order. Overhaul kits available from any Webcon dealer - Southern Carburettors and Injection on +44 208 540 2723 can supply by mail order.

However, this is an extremely complex and troublesome carburettor, and perhaps you should consider using a fuel additive cleaner - Forté, Wynns, STP etc. If it ain't broke, don't try to fix it !!

Regards, Adam
Whatever is rightly done, however humble, is noble.
Pierburg 2E2 carb documentation - Drew20
I'd go with what adam says, unless you suspect the carb of foul deeds then leave well alone.
I don't have any electric documentation other than some very basic stuff on its spec.

If you insist on trying to break it then take it off, keep horizontal to stop float chamber emptying on you.
replace car to manifold seat
replace any loose or split vacuum pipes
test all components for vacuum tightness, the dizzy vac pipe is useful for this.
if you want to take the top of the carb then get a new gasket first
clean out gunk in float chamber after siphoning out petrol (be careful with float so as not to damage needle valve)
clean out the two jets by blowing down them gently, also blow down any fuel passgeway you see
you might want to check operation of the waxstst too

Haynes does a specific carb guide which devotes about ten pages to the 2e2 and is quite useful

good luck (ps I did all of the above and it made no difference so I bought a new car!!!)
Pierburg 2E2 carb documentation - Marto
Hi, I have the haynes manual mentioned above.
It's pretty good.
If you really want to service it, and not buy a weber,
I can fax on the relevant pages to U if you have
access to a fax.

Will you send the fax to Romania? If so, write me to my private email address dan@zappmobile.ro to give you the fax number. If you can't.. maybe you can find a way to scan those pages..

Regards,
Dan.
Pierburg 2E2 carb documentation - Jetta87
HI, nice to meet you , I really need the manual "pierburg 2E2 carb", I have a car " jettas year 1987, and I have some problems with the carburator ,so please would you like send me the documentation I will just use it to solve my problems of carburator, I will be very grateful to you. thank you verry mutch
my adress e-mail: n_amine1@yahoo.fr
Thanks for the kind advice! I will replace all the vacuum pipes, since they look pretty old to me.

dan.