Avant's Autocar Road Tests - Xileno

I mentioned in the other 'Avant' thread that I've been in touch with one of his daughters. She has messaged me today to tell me that the family have come across some original copies of Autocar Road Tests dated between 1954 and 1962, in varying conditions that belonged to her father.

She has very kindly asked whether any of us motoring enthusiasts would be interested in them. They were clearly valued by Avant and I'm sure he would be pleased to know they are going to appreciative readers. Similarly many of us who held Avant in such high esteem may be delighted to have a momento.

I do not know how many or which makes/models they cover, I am anxious not to burden the family with too many questions at this difficult time.

At this stage if anyone is interested then please register your interest and then we can arrange a plan to obtain them. One option is that after lockdown I go and collect them as Avant's home is only 30 mins from me. Once I've got them in my possession then I'm happy to post them to people.

Xileno

Avant's Autocar Road Tests - Metropolis.
That is a wonderful gesture by the family, and you for putting yourself forward to arrange it, thank you. I love old road test magazines, but I believe there are more worthy members of the forum (if I recall correctly someone here actually collects motoring magazines, possibly badbusdriver or SLO?) I would love them so take this as registering my interest, but I will place myself at the back of the queue!
Avant's Autocar Road Tests - Trilogy.

I'd like to register my interest please. I collect car brochures and magazines. Would be happy to pay postage and make a donation to charity, preferably one of Avant's favourites

Brum, yes a good point - thank you. I think all we can do is wait until I can collect them after lockdown and then research values depending on condition, rarity etc. If it does turn out they are worth quite a bit then I can get back to Avant's daughter for advice. It may be that the family would still let them go subject to a donation to one of Avant's charities he supported - his daughter said she would let me know which one(s) when the family have discussed it.

Edited by Xileno on 13/03/2021 at 19:08

Avant's Autocar Road Tests - brum

They may be worth quite a bit judging by Ebay listings of old Autocar mags.

I wouldn't like to see something quite valuable inadvertably given away for nothing.

Edited by brum on 13/03/2021 at 16:13

I'm just bumping this up to the top of the pile, in case anyone missed it over the weekend.

If there are no further expressions of interest by Wednesday, then we'll consider it closed and then I'll get in touch with Avant's daughter in due course.