Where can I get an aerial for Passat - Halmer
The flimsy plastic surround on mine has split (the bit that makes it flush against the roof). Haven't got a clue how it happened. As far as I know it is not a seal so water ingress isn't a a problem (the cars only 18mths old). It just looks naff now. VW say that they will have to fit a whole new aerial £75 plus fitting which obviously I wish to avoid. I'm not even sure whether they would have to remove the roof lining to get at it!

Any ideas where I can get the little plastic bit from please?
Where can I get an aerial for Passat - Glaikit Wee Scunner {P}
Doesn't the three year VW warranty cover the replacement? It is obviously faulty.
I have had various minor trim parts replaced on VWs over the years when they started to deteriorate.
It can hardly be said that a fixed aerial suffers from wear and tear.
Where can I get an aerial for Passat - guss
try www.eurocarparts.com or www.gsfcarparts.com both cheaper and every bit as good as vw dealers
To be honest I never thought of claiming it under warranty as I can't prove that it was faulty. Similarly I've no idea how it ended up split in the first place.

I've taken your advice and my local dealer Lakeside are looking at the car on Monday.

Thanks
Job done under warranty during my lunch break and new aerial fitted without fuss.

Fingers crossed that the new Lakeside dealership are as good as they seem.