Vauxhall Astra GTC 2013 - 2013 Astra 2.0 cdti low oil pressure - mikert

Hi,

My car has done 76,000 miles, and bought from a dealer.

Since the cold snap a few weeks ago, I've been having low-oil pressure alarm on starting.

After searching online it seems there's a seal on the oil pick-up pipe which perishes.

Before I contact the dealer, as it way under 6 months old, I'm fearing this will be just classed as fair wear and tear, which won't be covered.

What are the thoughts of the forum experts please?

Thanks in advance.

Vauxhall Astra GTC 2013 - 2013 Astra 2.0 cdti low oil pressure - skidpan

Before I contact the dealer, as it way under 6 months old, I'm fearing this will be just classed as fair wear and tear, which won't be covered.

Presume you have owned it for less than 6 months, the car is 8 years old and there is your issue. An 8 year old car will be staring to have issues through normal age.

I would suggest an oil change using the correct spec oil and a genuine filter before you do anything else.

Presume you have owned it for less than 6 months, the car is 8 years old and there is your issue. An 8 year old car will be staring to have issues through normal age.

I would suggest an oil change using the correct spec oil and a genuine filter before you do anything else.

Oil & filter changed last week by garage (not selling dealer or main dealer) using dexos 2 and genuine Vauxhall filter.

But surely even an 8 year old car, fully serviced, should be suffering with low oil pressure.

Edited by mikert on 04/03/2021 at 12:59

Vauxhall Astra GTC 2013 - 2013 Astra 2.0 cdti low oil pressure - skidpan

Oil & filter changed last week by garage (not selling dealer or main dealer) using dexos 2 and genuine Vauxhall filter.

Dexos 2 is sold in several different specs, has the garage used the correct one or simply one they had to hand?

Dexos 2 is sold in several different specs, has the garage used the correct one or simply one they had to hand?

Dexos 2 5W30, that's all I know. Google only brings up 1 spec though.

All previous services by Vauxhall main dealer, so assume they used correct one