Older Toyota Auris - wantstolearn

I prefer a car pre stop start etc and fancy an Auris , I thing pre 2014 would be what I'm looking for because also prefer smaller size. Appreciate any views on auto system and points to look out for. Obviously read reviews but like to hear on from backroomers.

Older Toyota Auris - badbusdriver

When you say auto system, I take it you mean automatic gearbox, would that be right?. If so, I think this age would, or could have the automated manual (multimode?), which I'd avoid.

Older Toyota Auris - Maxime.

www.honestjohn.co.uk/Forum/Search?f=2&author=w...0

see your earlier posts for the same replies.

Thanks bbd noted.

Oops, maxime. Just looking again and forgot previous post. Sorry. Maybe something else to be aware of ?

Older Toyota Auris - chris87
Why not a 2014 model? Bulletproof powertrain that will last 500.000 miles woth just routine maintenance, good amount of space, small (cheap) alloys, quite a few gizmos and kuch more. Boring and easy to drive, predictable power band. A work horse basically...

Thanks Chris boring and easy suits me

Thanks Chris boring and easy suits me

Also, the 2nd gen Auris auto uses a CVT which would be a much better bet than the automated manual of the 1st gen.

Older Toyota Auris - Senexdriver

My brother bought a manual new in 2007 and traded it in about a year ago. Absolutely no trouble at all and he was very happy with it. It would be a bit too unexciting for me, but in about 2011 he drove me from London to Workington in it and I have to say it was perfectly comfortable and seemed to have adequate power, although not exactly blistering. It’s recommend it to anybody considering buying one.

Thanks all. It's helped me decide Auris. The kind of personal experience information Id

hoped for. Not in a hurry so will wait for a good buy 2014 auto. No more looking around. ??

What’s your budget?

Up to £9000. However, I don't want size increase and too many extras which invariably cause problems.

Only asking because I have a low-mileage 2014 touring sports for sale, just didn’t bother with it due to covid.
Older Toyota Auris - Steveieb
Well done Chris for taking the initiative. If only a few more back roomers would make others aware they have a car for sale.
It's a little like a multi marque car club where most members are pretty savvy on cars and I'd be happy to buy from other posters.
Is this facility already available ?
Older Toyota Auris - _
Well done Chris for taking the initiative. If only a few more back roomers would make others aware they have a car for sale. It's a little like a multi marque car club where most members are pretty savvy on cars and I'd be happy to buy from other posters. Is this facility already available ?

If someone is interested if both parties ask avant nicely he will transmit the message, but hope you are relatively close.

I have met 2 other posters via this method, but BOTH ask, (nicely).

Thanks Chris. Unfortunately sports cars are no longer suitable for my needs.

Thanks Chris. Unfortunately sports cars are no longer suitable for my needs.

It is an Auris estate, not a sports car!, the 'Sport' in the name is just a trim level!

Thanks bbd, said wants to learn.. I would find the larger size more difficult to park, not a driving strength !