Buying a Ford Focus from auction - Cee
Please can someone help. I want to buy a ford focus 1.6-1.8 Zetec 5dr HB petrol. My budget is 5000 MAXIMUM. I have done so much research on the Focus and still can\'t decide wheather it is the right choice. I hope to sell it in 3 years time and want to know will I loose much money. Can anyone recommend an alternative if possible I have 3year old and soon to have a newborn and my husband so nothing too small.
Buying a Ford Focus from auction - Blue {P}
I don't know much about the Focus prices at auctions I'm afraid, but I would imagine that £5K would get you a reasonable one.

As a car it is great, my nana has one but I think it would be more than suitable for most families, certainly safe and practical as well as having great handling (I had to test that bit for her!). I would definately put my kids in one... er, if I had any that is!

Blue
Buying a Ford Focus from auction - sorrera
Just bought a pram at the weekend and it only just fits in the focus boot (and we had to squeeze it in). "Very" little room to put any other gubbins for the new born in the boot, which may be a problem if you dont have another car or you cant use the back seat due to other child and you plan on going anywhere for the weekend.
We bought a V reg focus from dealer for £6K so should be loads at auction for £5K.
Buying a Ford Focus from auction - smokie
"Very little room to put any other gubbins for the new born in the boot" - instead of putting the newborn in the boot use a child seat inside the car and you will have more space in the boot. :-)

Serious answer - I bought a low miler (30k) ex-fleet 1.8 Ghia at Blackbushe for £5750 in Feb, which was probably a bit high. Private/retail prices at the time were definitely no less than £7k for higher mileage cars.

I'm very pleased with it, and, more importantly, Mrs Smokie is too. Other models (1.4) were cheaper at the time - not sure how prices have changed since.
Buying a Ford Focus from auction - Altea Ego
>Can anyone recommend an alternative if possible

£5k gets you an average mileage 4 year old (T plate - pre facelift) 1.6 renault scenic 1.6 alize. From experience I can vouch this is a great kid/baby/family friendly car. (needs aircon tho due to big windows - gets hot)

Facelifted scenics (post sep 99) go for more.