Ford fiesta zetec - Car juddering at low speed - Midge8290

Hi all. New owner to a ford. I inherited a ford fiesta zetec Mk6 2007 1.4 16v from a elderly gentleman who passed away. Unfortunately the car has been stood for 14 months if not more before I took ownership. In the last 2 weeks, she has flown through an MOT with no work doing or needed which surprised me completely, I've changed all 4 alloys to steels because somehow 3 out of 4 was egg shaped and a few cosmetic bits light upgrade bulbs, good polish and was etc.

My main concern now is though she has a slight judder when accelerating to pick up speed. She doesn't appear to be losing power but I wouldn't 100% know as I've only just started to drive her. She has had new fuel and a fuel filter and have done roughly 150miles so old fuel should be gone. I've added redex as well. I've just changed the spark plugs and still no change. Tomorrow will be the ignition leads and then coil pack. Can anyone suggest something else??

Don't give me a heart attack, she has already cost me an arm and a leg for things which was caused by sitting around like tyres, steels, balancing, tracking, timing belt etc etc

Thanks all

Ford fiesta zetec - Car juddering at low speed - elekie&a/c doctor
Common weak point on these engines is the ignition system . I would change the ht leads and coil pack . Just make sure the connectors to the coil and the ht lead “ tubes “ are in good contact with the spark plugs . A light coating of silicone grease helps to seat the leads .

Ok that's great, I'll change both tomorrow and see what works. Can I use vaseline instead of the silicone grease? And what do you mean a weak point with the ignition system or do you mean just the spark plugs, coil leads and coil pack?

I guess that Vaseline is ok ,just a light coating. When I say weak point , I’m referring to the parts that go wrong most often on this model . Very little else gives trouble. This model fiesta is very durable .

Ok thank you. Is there a silicon grease you could recommend? I have to go to work later in the morning so was planning on changing them first thing to try and buy the grease while I'm out to put them on later that afternoon. Would that be ok?

Any good motor factors should stock it . ( no particular make) . Sometimes get a small tube of it in the box with the ht leads .