Volkswagen Tiguan 1.4 petrol engine - Service problems and the service Center claim the - Haysam sabbagh
I had my 2 years old car service in west London Volkswagen in October it’s done 14100 miles from new a month later the car developed a fault I took it back to the same Center they claim the car has lost 25% of its oil and that in one month I have not even driven the car 500 mile and when I question the Center they claim the care manual stating the new car could loose 25% of its oil if it’s driven a 1000 mile if that the case maybe every one should think twice before buy from Volkswagen besides the treble service I got from them and they refused to assist me with a replacement car when the car is under warranty
Volkswagen Tiguan 1.4 petrol engine - Service problems and the service Center claim the - skidpan

We have had 3 1.4 TSi's now and whilst its true to say that new cars can use some oil as they bed in none of ours have and there is certainly no warning about 25% in the manual.

But after 14000 the bedding in will be complete and unless the engine is a bad one (even if it is it will not suddenly start using oil after a service) the oil use will have settled by then to a "moderate" amount.

But the bottom line is about 1 litre of oil in 500 miles is outside any makes expected use so the dealer should sort it under warranty.

With regards to a courtesy car they are not a entitlement with any make. If the dealer has them they may help but there is no law to force them. Sometimes the manufacturer will provide a hire car if the fix is expected to take time but even that is not an automatic right.

Volkswagen Tiguan 1.4 petrol engine - Service problems and the service Center claim the - craig-pd130

What exactly was the fault that you took it in for?

Most owners' manuals will have a line in them explaining something like "Some cars will use oil between services so check the oil level regularly, oil consumption of up to 1 litre per 1,000 miles is normal" but it sounds to me like the VW garage is using that as an excuse.

Volkswagen Tiguan 1.4 petrol engine - Service problems and the service Center claim the - sammy1

When you had it serviced they probably forgot to top the oil up to the max! If this is not the case then you have a real problem. Is the fault anything to do with the oil level so why did they check it?

Volkswagen Tiguan 1.4 petrol engine - Service problems and the service Center claim the - John F

"Some cars will use oil between services so check the oil level regularly, oil consumption of up to 1 litre per 1,000 miles is normal".....

It most certainly is not 'normal'. It might be 'acceptable' after about a quarter of a million miles, but in my experience, at about 80 - 100,000 miles, normality (which is plus or minus two standard deviations from the mean) is around one litre every 10,000 miles. At over 200,000 miles our old Passat 2.0GL was still managing well over 1000 miles per litre, after a lifetime of the cheapest oil I could find every 10-12,000 miles.

In a well made engine which hasn't been abused, under 50,000 miles you should not need to add any oil between 10,000 mile services. As for 'bedding in', our new Peugeot used no more than 200mls during its first 5000 miles, probably less, hardly departing from the max mark on the dipstick.