small cars - Mikey Jay
Until today,I swore I'd never be interested in anything smaller than the car I have at the moment. A Honda Prelude which is looking very tatty and will have to go.Built in 1986! Time for another car. I've just visited the local Ford "seduction parlour" and was really impressed by the comfort and design of a Zetec Fiesta (2003 model presumably). I thought it pretty well banged together. In fact very well put together.Up to Jap standards. The Car by car Breakdown said it handled quite well but trim levels were not up to Yaris,Jazz,Polo. It may be that the review was written in 2001. I thought the trim looked OK myself. What about todays plastic bumpers in city parking dings? The engine was 1.6 with a/c. Some other review said the Yaris had a cheap looking inside. Has anyone else got opinions on this? Clarky like the fiesta didn't he? What puzzles me about Honda is that they don't use galvanised bodies while Ford do. What do you think of the Fiesta (assuming you don't mind small cars)? Cheers,Mikey.
small cars - Mark (RLBS)
Please do *NOT* just keep hitting the post button. All you do is post repeated copies of the same thread. You currently hold the record.
small cars - Mikey Jay
Mark,Very sorry. Couldn't get a response from the post button. Everything that can go wrong is going wrong today with computers.
small cars - Dynamic Dave

www.honestjohn.co.uk/forum/post/index.htm?f=2&t=14...5

small cars - Canon Fodder

Mikey,

I had a good two hour test drive of the fiesta and liked it a lot bar one thing - the footwell is tiny. I've only got size 9's but there's barely enough room for the pedals down there let alone feet.

I know from past experience that a long drive with your left foot wedged under the clutch is not a good recipe for comfortable motoring.

If you're planning to spend more than an hour in the car at one stretch I'd be careful.

CF.

small cars - Mikey Jay
Canon Fodder,that's a good point.Come to think of it, on my prelude,I think I can sort of swivel around the clutch pedal. There's a bit of space to relax your hard pressed clutch thumping left foot! I'll watch out for that.
small cars - peterb
Had a 1.6 Focus on Monday belonging to Mr Hertz. Handled well and lively engine but it too didn't have a proper foot rest.