Toyota Auris - Mot results - Bratty
Hi I just pass my mot and some of the readings have gone up and some down is this anything to worry about?
Last year This year
HC=121. HC=4
Lambda=0.998. Lambda =1.009
Like I said it has passed the mot with the change especially in the HC is this something I need sorting?
Thanks in advance

Edited by Bratty on 09/02/2021 at 16:13

Toyota Auris - Mot results - Rerepo

Looks near enough perfect to me...

Toyota Auris - Mot results - Andrew-T
Hi I just pass my mot and some of the readings have gone up and some down is this anything to worry about? Last year This year HC=121. HC=4 Lambda=0.998. Lambda =1.009 Like I said it has passed the mot with the change especially in the HC is this something I need sorting? Thanks in advance

If the engine is set up perfectly and up to running temperature, lambda would be 1.00 and hydrocarbons would be close to zero. Your emission-test result will show the pass-tolerance for both numbers. The lambda is not bad, and the HC looks remarkably good, probably because the cat-converter was working cleanly.

Toyota Auris - Mot results - SLO76
It passed without it being an advisory? If so, then don’t worry.

Edited by SLO76 on 09/02/2021 at 20:16

Toyota Auris - Mot results - MW

Those figures are almost perfect. Always take a car for a 4-5 mile run before an MOT to warm up the cat and other elements.

Toyota Auris - Mot results - John F

Those figures are almost perfect.

Almost. On my 15yr old 70,000 mile W12 Audi the HC was 1, which impressed the tester. But on my 40yr old TR7 the HC was 351, but still well within the allowed 1200ppm.

Toyota Auris - Mot results - privateinvestor

A full service followed a 3 tanksof Shell V power plus and 100 mile motorway run will clear all the muck out of the engine - also known as Italian tune up

Toyota Auris - Mot results - edlithgow

Can't see Italians bothering with 3 tanks of Shell V power.