Which car? - Diogob

Hello everyone, i have got a Mazda 2.2D and i want to change it for another SUV but not sure which one, i would like a Petrol car.

Im interested in the Kia Sportage and Skoda Karoq.

Im looking for a reliable car and not too expensive any recommendations?

Thanks

Which car? - badbusdriver

"Not too expensive" doesn't help very much does it?!

What is your budget?

Which car? - SLO76
Are you buying new or used? What’s the budget? What sort of usage will it see, as in annual mileage and will it be used for regular longer runs?
Which car? - Diogob

It will be used mostly around town for short journeys, i do about 10k annually.

My budget is £15k maximum

Edited by Diogob on 09/02/2021 at 17:24

Which car? - SLO76
I like the Hyundai Tucson 1.6 T-GDi. Buy one with a full main dealer history and you’ll get the balance of that lovely 5yr unlimited mileage warranty too. The cheaper and more common non-turbo 1.6 petrol is lacking in torque but you’ll get a nearly new low mileage car for your money. I’d spend more to get the turbo though. The Skoda is fine but they’re dearer and the automatic uses the fragile DSG box so I’d stick with the manual.

www.autotrader.co.uk/car-details/202010225300792

Edited by SLO76 on 09/02/2021 at 18:53

Which car? - badbusdriver

As it is to be used mainly around town, you could consider a hybrid, plug in if you have off street parking or easy access to a charger. There are not many (SUV/crossover) plug in hybrids for that budget, but you could certainly consider a BMW 2 Series Active Tourer from 2017/2018, and you could also look at the Sportage's slightly smaller sibling, the Niro, which could be had as a plug in or self charging hybrid within budget. Also, on the subject of reliability, assuming you can live with its distinctive looks, the Toyota C-Hr hybrid (self charging).

Re the Karoq, if you are considering one of them, you might as well add the Seat Ateca to your list. It is all but identical to the Karoq in looks (bar lights and grill) and is the same under the skin.

Edited by badbusdriver on 09/02/2021 at 20:09