Ford Fiesta 2014 - Fiesta 1.25 Petrol Engine Stuck/Burnt Valve - Lukas Stapleton

Hi,

Had a misfire on cylinder 3, air escaping exhaust valve, suspected burnt valve.

Head needs to come off with all the trimmings to be done and the repair to the valve.

My query is the car is only 6 years old, done 54k miles and been regularly serviced, mostly by Ford at the correct intervals including spark plugs.

Why would this occur for a car of this age and condition it doesn't make sense to me?

Is there a know issue with these engines at all?

Thanks

Ford Fiesta 2014 - Fiesta 1.25 Petrol Engine Stuck/Burnt Valve - elekie&a/c doctor
These engines rarely give any trouble . I’ve seen these do 150k + without any bother . Could have a build problem from day one out the factory and fault has just come to light . Unlucky.
Ford Fiesta 2014 - Fiesta 1.25 Petrol Engine Stuck/Burnt Valve - John F

Doesn't make sense to me either. 'Air escaping exhaust valve' ?? Did they do a compression test on all cylinders?

I would have thought the most likely cause would be electrical, possibly a duff coil pack or spark plug. Is there a good spark going to all the plugs? With a thick rubber glove pull off the plug leads slightly one by one when engine idling, each one should crackle nicely with some blue sparking if you do it at dusk. Check you can get them off easily first with the engine stopped.

Ford Fiesta 2014 - Fiesta 1.25 Petrol Engine Stuck/Burnt Valve - Galaxy

Probably worth taking the camshaft cover off first and having a good look at things around cylinder 3 rather than pulling the head straight off.

Agree with what others have said, not a problem that you would expect with this engine.

Ford Fiesta 2014 - Fiesta 1.25 Petrol Engine Stuck/Burnt Valve - Lukas Stapleton

Thanks all. Yes took the camshaft cover off, all seems ok around the cylinder, spark plugs and coil pack changed.

Compression test was done on all cylinders and the air was escaping past the exhaust valve through to the exhaust on cylinder 3, you could actually hear it.

Hence the head needs to come off to assess the damage to the valves and endoscope didn't show exact issue but could see burnt valve and partially open.

I can't see it is electrical now as everything has been checked and changed.

Just unlucky it seems.