problem with electric window - catalyst
My driver's side electric window does not work properly.
In your experience, how much is it likely to cost me to get it repaired ? Is it an MOT failure ?
problem with electric window - David Lacey
Nothing to do with MOT :-) fear not.

Need to know what car you have before giving approx costs...
problem with electric window - smokie
Breakers or 2nd hand car part places would probably be a good source of parts. Fixed my own (Omega) for about £25 a while back, wasn't difficult.
problem with electric window - Hugo {P}
My driver's side electric window does not work properly.

Depends what the problem is, you may be able to fix it without any cost at all.

9 times out of 10, electrical faults of this type can be traced back to contaminated contacts, either in the switch or the motor end.

H
problem with electric window - martint123
Define 'properly' and the vehicle.
If up and not down or down and not up (sounds like boolean maths!)
then it could be a drive cable.
If neither up or down and no 'clicks' then motor or fuse.
It could be a great deal more - I know someone with a CRX delsol and it has an electric targa roof and the windows go down an inch for roof movement - 800 quid (declined) for a control box to fix his passenger electric window!!
The vehicle is a Daewoo Lanos. The problem is that it won't
go right up to the normal closing position. There's a
screeching noise and it stops 1 or 2 inches short of the full closing position. I've sort of manually pulled it right up (to avoid water getting in) and haven't used it ever since I first had the problem (10 days)
problem with electric window - SteveH42
Sounds like what happened to my old Tipo. It's somehow jumped the track. May be fixable if you can get inside the door and at the mechanism, and can then work out what's wrong with hit. However, it may need a new mechanism, which I believe I was quoted about £40 second hand for, but prices will of course vary. Someone else might know if the mechanism on the Lanos is the same as the equivalent Vauxhall.
problem with electric window - zedzedeleven
Some people on this site have fixed seemingly grave electric window problems with a judicious application of rubber lubricant into the window channels.
Thanks Steve and Zedzedeleven, yes that would be interesting to know if it could be fixed with a Vauxhall part. I was told by someone who had a similar problem that it could cost me up to £600, hence my panic !
problem with electric window - SteveH42
I'd guess most of the £600 would be labour - these things can be tricky and time consuming to disassemble and reassemble, so if you can do it yourself and get the parts second hand then the cost will be a lot lower than this.
problem with electric window - David Lacey
Window glass jumping out of the rubber or felt guides is commonplace - if only the owners lubricated them from time to time all would be well.

£600 repair bills are way OTT, IMO