Zafira cuts out - jus
Does anyone know if there are any known problems with the Vauxhall Zafira cutting out. My neighbours got one and it is always cutting out - on motorways, around corners, anywhere.

I think it has been looked at by a main dealer but it still does it.

Any thoughts on this would be gratefully received.

Jus
Zafira cuts out - Dynamic Dave
Petrol or Diesel?
Zafira cuts out - jus
Its a petrol 1.8
Zafira cuts out - SpamCan61 {P}
Maybe a bad case of dodgy idle speed control valve? Does it only happen when they lift their foot off the gas?
Zafira cuts out - Northern Gasman
Sorry jus but can you be more specific please.
Engine type, size, year.

Zafira cuts out - hxj

On mine it happens occasionally when you lift the foot off and put the clutch in. The revs drop to 500 or so and usually recovers immediately, sometimes it dies.

It is known to VX as an issue on at least the 1.8 115BHP engine fitted to August(?) 2000.
Zafira cuts out - S Knight
I have Astra 1.8 115bhp this had the problems of stalling or nearly stalling. The throttle body was replaced (my car doesnt have a idle control valve) this cured the problem for about six months but now the fault has returned.
Zafira doesn't stop! - andyman48
I have the opposite problem. My 2 litre diesel 'dol style' 05 model quite often doesn't slow down when I take foot off gas. It decellerates down to about 20-25 mph and keeps going at this speed unless you put foot on brake. I have taken to dealer who say nothing is showing on computer..... but it is definitely doing it (for up to half a mile or so if no reason to brake!) It feels like maybe the turbo kicks in????
Zafira doesn't stop! - mrbeginner
just a thought but on the citroen piccasso the brake light switch on the pedal has to be in the right position if not it starts playing up!going slow and so forth
Zafira doesn't stop! - johnny
Have a 2002 1.6 Zafira, I was really struggling to keep the engine running when crawling in heavy traffic. Cold weather and cold engine, but kept dropping below 500 rpm.
oops just noticed this thread started in 2003.