Carlton Trip Computer - BobbyDazzler
Hi everyone. I have recently acquired a 1993 Vauxhall Carlton CDX (without owners manual) and I'm embarrassed to admit I can't set the flamin' clock!

It's integral to the trip computer. Can anyone tell me how to do this? (I seem to have tried every combination of key press)

Any further information on the trip computer settings / changes would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance

Bob

C'mon readers, help!....it's getting on for 3:22 am here :-)

Bob

Carlton Trip Computer - SkyMan
Where in the world are you?

I guess its not in the UK. This MIGHT be the cause of your problem, in that the clock might use the time signal broadcast from Rugby to sync itself (this is a real long shot, but you never know)...

Carlton Trip Computer - shamus
Try and post this on www.cavweb.com. I used to have a Cavalier and found the site VERY useful for ANYTHING to do with Vauxhalls.
Carlton Trip Computer - Dynamic Dave
Where in the world are you? I guess its not in the UK.

I think you'll find he was joking about the time when he posted as his clock is wrong.
the clock might use the time signal broadcast from Rugby to sync itself

Unfortunately not. This feature only appeared on later Vauxhalls.
Carlton Trip Computer - rileyrm
Hi Bob,from memory, onto the faster Omega now!! with the auto clock, there are 2 holes near the button you use for the comp,use a biro to fit hole and pulse.When the time is correct push that button once again to activate the clock.
Good luck.

John
Thanks for the help guys :)

You're right Dynamic Dave....i was making a joke concerning the time!

Rileyrm....there are definitely no holes relating to the the clock settings. This was the first thing i checked for (unless they're ful of gunge and hence perfectly blended into their immediate surroundings ;)

back to random button pressing.

Bob
Carlton Trip Computer - Malcolm_L
And no Vauxhall dealer can help you out??

This is a great site but surely a 5 minute phone call to a Vauxhall dealer would have sufficed?

Carlton Trip Computer - DavidHM
Or you could get a manual from them or a scrappy for a few quid. It'll have a Vauxhall part number so you can order it.
Bob, the holes are not near the clock, but near the gearstick ajacent to the button you change the readout.Use also use the button to cancel the ice alert in winter on same readout.
If you still cant find them,very small come back to this thread.

John
Hey John you're spot on m8.....got em.

Thanks a lot (jeez they're small) DUH!

Malcolm L....the whole point of this site is for owners to share advice and ideas and hopefully bypass the dreaded and usually unhelpful dealer....or perhaps that concept somehow got by you?

To everyone else a big thank you :-)

Bob

Well done mate,when you "update" to an Omega it will be done for you!! Seriously though Carltons are good cars, I went around the clock twice with no major problems at all. If the bulb goes in that trip unit that can be fun.Come back here then for info.

John