Xantia - Marc
One for all the Citroen Xantia enthusiasts in the back room. What do you make of a diesel automatic (non turbo)? Nice 96N LX SD auto with about 60k on the clock going for 3k at a main dealer near me. Worth it? I realise there is a main delaer premium on price

Thanks

Marc
Re: Xantia - chris watson
citroen did not make an automatic version of the 1.9 SD LX, it might be the 1.9 D LX, but it cant be the SD, also the SD came out in late 1996, which would make it a P reg.
Re: Xantia - Marc
Apologies Chris, you're right. It is the DLX 1.9. Any thoughts on this model?
for the price it sounds ok, try a bit of haggling, as at this time of the year the dealers are very worried about sales targets, start haggling about £800 less then he wants, as a lot of people start haggling about £150 less then the dealer wants, he will soon tell you if thats no good.
Re: Xantia - honest john
96N, 60k miles, £3k. Sharp intake of breath. You should be able to getm it for £2k. Be less at auction.

HJ
Re: Xantia - David Woollard
From a Xantia enthusiast take it from me that this years £3000 Xantia is next years £1250 Xantia. Try and pay as near to the next year price as possible.

Then enjoy a super car much undervalued by the trade and public alike.

David
Re: Xantia - Andy Bairsto
Watch out I have had two XM autos and both boxes disintegrated at under 75000mls.My Xm manuel 2.5td is I must admit suberb and they are cheap to buy and not the problem people make out .I must admit I love XMs so I may be biased but it is far better than MB c class estate I had as a works car better built more economical better performance more room and bought two years old for 8000ukp
the citroen bx that i have is a wonderful car, i am 6'6" and i still have lots of space, its got all the gadgets.
Re: Xantia sun roof - Geoff Baldwin
Does anyone know anything about a modification to '94 Xantias to stop water getting under back seats. I'm certain the water is coming from the sun roof. Is the mod easy to fit , is it expensive, is there any other solution?