A4 avant 2017 - Car Warranty for used car - jivemonkey

Hi, looking at a4 2017 deisel with about 35k miles. Dealer offering a 6mnth warrant of upto £1000 for any repair. Would appreciate thoughts on this as a warranty and where I can shop for a warranty for 18mnths to 2 years for major defects only?

Car was serviced after one year at 18k miles then not for another year and 10months at 33k... according to audi this longer servicing gap is OK if new car and its doing more motorway miles.

Edited by jivemonkey on 11/01/2021 at 11:25

A4 avant 2017 - Car Warranty for used car - Falkirk Bairn

6 mths up to £1000 dealer warranty.

You are entitled to more than that under consumer protection legislation i.e. 6 months and the dealer is liable for all repair costs.

A4 avant 2017 - Car Warranty for used car - _

4 years, average less than 9000 miles a year?

Avoid. The warranty is not worth the paper it is printed on, and wait till you see the exclusions and hourly rates allowed.

Go to an Audi dealer if that is what you want and get an official Audi warranty.

Yes I was worried by mileage. Car looks good apart from few bonnet stone chips they are repairing. Dealer shared audi service history.

registed July 17,

serviced Oct 18 at after 16mnths at 18800miles (1200 miles a mnth average)

serviced 3 July 20 at 37200k miles .. a one year 10mnth gap ( 920 miles a month). Since the it's done 700 miles and I am assuming lockdown is a factor in the miles.

A4 avant 2017 - Car Warranty for used car - daveyjp

When is cambelt due on these? It used to be every four years, but it changes with the weather!

Assuming the dealer is the one referred to in the other post they appear to use a Hotmail email address. Is this car much cheaper than one from a main dealer that can provide a comprehensive Audi warranty?

uoted 13,500, offering for 12,500 incl trading in my car which they are offering nearly 1k for and other dealers offered 400...its in poor condition and parkers mileage adjusted says 800ish.. audi have similar car with 75k on the clock for 13k so much higher miles.. and they have Sport ultra 2.0 TDI 150 PS 6-speed

£ 13,750.. its 16plate as nearly a year older but same miles

Edited by jivemonkey on 11/01/2021 at 13:00

A4 avant 2017 - Car Warranty for used car - Bromptonaut

I'd be surprised of there are not exclusions from the warranty - Particle Filter would be an obvious one. I don't know which VAG diesel goes in the Avant but some of them are prone to trouble with the EGR system. That was nearly £1k retail on my old Skoda Roomster but covered by the Skoda dealer warranty.

A4 avant 2017 - Car Warranty for used car - madf

Have you looked at the MOT report?

Low miles, not serviced regularly Cheap.

Sounds clocked.

yes looked at mot.. First one after 3 years says worn brake pads and linings as only advisory that appears to have been done

A4 avant 2017 - Car Warranty for used car - Andrew-T

Registered July 17,

serviced Oct 18 at after 16mnths at 18800miles (1200 miles a mnth average)

serviced 3 July 20 at 37200k miles .. a one year 10mnth gap ( 920 miles a month)

I would hate the idea of a diesel with only two oil changes in 37K miles - whatever the maker's recommendation is.

I spoke to audi about this and they said the service interval was fine for new car and major service at 37k. First MOT had advisory for brakes NS and OS and linings at 37k and this advisory gone when new mot done about 8 weeks later. No other issues coming up from vehicle check but audi advised me next service in 2 years assuming mostly motorway driving. I was also concered by the gap but audi saying its OK!

A4 avant 2017 - Car Warranty for used car - Andrew-T

... audi advised me next service in 2 years assuming mostly motorway driving. I was also concerned by the gap but audi saying its OK!

They would say that wouldn't they ? The good news is that the maker's warranty is not invalidated. The bad news may be that the car would have preferred shorter service intervals - long ones are there to make life cheaper for fleet operators.

My diesel car (not an Audi) has a recommended interval of 12½K miles, but I am happy that it still runs well because I have stuck to 8K oil and filter changes. It started as a rental car and was sold on at 13K when it got its first service.