Toyota Auris - 2012 Toyota Auris hybrid alarm keeps going off! - carnut1980

Hi all, my wifes Auris's alarm goes off, within 10 mins of locking it with the fob.

I can lock with the key blade, and have no issues, but i really don't want to keep doing this!

There are no lights on dash, and i have scanned with Techstream software, and there are no codes!

All windows, doors, bonnet and boot are shut correctly!

Nothing is hanging, or moving around in the car!

I have heard that the 'glass break sensor', within the boot, may be a cause, but i can't find it, and the glass isn't broken or damaged!

Is there anyway i can deactivate, or reduce thre alarm sensitivity, using the Techstream software?

cheers

Toyota Auris - 2012 Toyota Auris hybrid alarm keeps going off! - Falkirk Bairn

Before going for a tech repair.

Has the car been doing a decent mileage of late - lots of short journeys can play havoc with an older battery.

Disconnect the car battery, check the terminals / clean+ check the earth strap of the 12 v battery. Check the voltage is OK.

Reconnect and cross your fingers.

Toyota Auris - 2012 Toyota Auris hybrid alarm keeps going off! - elekie&a/c doctor
Possibly the back up battery in the alarm siren is failing.
Toyota Auris - 2012 Toyota Auris hybrid alarm keeps going off! - jthan

Is there a button to turn off interior monitoring? On a couple of cars (including a Toyota), I'd found interior monitoring a bit prone to occasional false alarms. But, habitually pressing the button to turn it off when exiting, I've never had a problem.

Toyota Auris - 2012 Toyota Auris hybrid alarm keeps going off! - madf

When the engine is switched off, test battery voltage.

Under 12,4V the battery is dead.

There is that button yes, i press it anyway, but once locking car manually, the alarm doesn't sound, so no way of knowing if turning off interior movemet sensor, has any effect!

Toyota Auris - 2012 Toyota Auris hybrid alarm keeps going off! - Heidfirst

but once locking car manually, the alarm doesn't sound, so no way of knowing if turning off interior movemet sensor, has any effect!

That is because when you lock the car manually you aren't setting the alarm.

Car does regular miles yes, battery looks good, no corrosion, no codes

Toyota Auris - 2012 Toyota Auris hybrid alarm keeps going off! - Big John

Failing alarm sounder backup battery?

Another possibility is break glass sensor?

Edited by Big John on 28/12/2020 at 21:19

Toyota Auris - 2012 Toyota Auris hybrid alarm keeps going off! - bathtub tom

Failing alarm sounder backup battery?

As elekie&a/c doctor said a fortnight ago.

Toyota Auris - 2012 Toyota Auris hybrid alarm keeps going off! - Heidfirst

Tbh I doubt either are fitted.

UPDATE! PROBLEM IS SORTED! was the bonnet sensor switch that was the issue! I disconnected it, no more issues, no lights or message on dash! When i opened bonnet before, it would still remain 'flush', it wouldn't pop up a little, which is what made me suspicious of it!