Skoda Fabia 2009 - Parcel shelf pegs snapped off - Feebs77

Hi

I just bought a Skoda Fabia second hand, and surprise surprise I'm finding all these small issues with the condition.

The parcel shelf in the boot doesn't stay on its left / right hinges because both pegs that slot into the shelf have snapped off.

These plastic pegs were part of the inside right and left boot which now have holes in them.

Does anyone know what my options are to get this repaired?

I'm thinking, replace the right and left plastic interior of the boot.

Or find some repair pegs that fit into these holes - but will look naf and not sure how long it would last.

Any advice appreciated.

Skoda Fabia 2009 - Parcel shelf pegs snapped off - Andrew-T

Don't know anything about Fabias, but as the car is 11 years old I think you are in the DiY area. If the job looks possible you could try to find those side pieces at a scrapyard. You could check Skoda users' forums for suggestions. Or I'm sure you could cobble something together to support the shelf, and hope no-one looks underneath .... :-)

You might even be able to design something to attach to the shelf which pops into those new holes ?

Skoda Fabia 2009 - Parcel shelf pegs snapped off - madf

Drill holes where pegs were and insert wooden dowel and glue in.

Skoda Fabia 2009 - Parcel shelf pegs snapped off - sammy1

As above or sky hooks are always plentiful if you know where to look!

Skoda Fabia 2009 - Parcel shelf pegs snapped off - edlithgow

No sky hooks on the Skywing,

I usually use chopsticks for this kind of thing, or a piece of aluminium arrow shaft/TV aerial, or if I want to go advanced composite, I shove a chopstick inside the arrow shaft/TV aerial.

But re this specific case, I chucked my parcel shelf away about 5 years ago.

It was a b***** nuisance.

Skoda Fabia 2009 - Parcel shelf pegs snapped off - blindspot

i recon my wife must have broke the parcel shelf on nearly every car we've had. always found a way to fix them up. a few months back fixed daughter exhaust bracket with some old aerial. mot. no prob