Dacia Sandero - New Model prices and offer - _

Reserve via the online portal and get 3 years servicing free.

From £7995...

www.dailymail.co.uk/money/cars/article-9010627/All...l

Dacia Sandero - New Model prices and offer - KB.

I might be mistaken. It's very possible. But the article says the NEW prices are £1,000 up on the old.

It says the NEW prices will start at £7,995.

But when you go to their online sales website it shows the OLD models, not the NEW ones - which is fair enough - they haven't yet changed the details - BUT they show the OLD model starting at £7,995. So, surely, if the prices are going up £1,000 then the new range needs to be shown in the Daily Mail article as starting at £8.995, not £7,995.

preorder.dacia.co.uk/sandero/access-sce-65/?cid=26...2

From the dacia website. delivery from April 2021

According to www.automobiledimension.com/dacia-car-dimensions.h...l ....

The old Sandero measured 1733mm wide.

The new one 1848mm.

That's 115mm. That's four and a half inches.

That's an awfully big increase in width for, what used to be called, a supermini.

According to www.automobiledimension.com/dacia-car-dimensions.h...l ....The old Sandero measured 1733mm wide.The new one 1848mm.That's 115mm. That's four and a half inches.That's an awfully big increase in width for, what used to be called, a supermini.

I posted, for those who might be tempted by the free servicing offer.

Dacia Sandero - New Model prices and offer - daveyK_UK
Waiting to see if they will do an estate version aka Logan MCV
Dacia Sandero - New Model prices and offer - retgwte

Funnily enough I have just had the first annual service done on a Sandero.

Guess what the main dealer has not even changed the oil and filter. Not only did the oil look dirty when I lifted the dip stick, they are even honest enough to admit they have not changed the oil on the receipts.

So the 1st annual service is actually just change the cabin filter (not checked that they have actually done that) and some checks.

For 160 quid.

Tried looking for the official service schedule that came with the car and its conveniently not there.

This is the 3rd Sandero in the family, and the first service included an oil change for the other two.

So I conclude the main dealers are increasing their profit by not actually bothering with the oil change.

Wont be going back to that main dealer again.

This service is not worth the money.

ORB has gently reminded me that my post about Sandero dimensions was out of order. I would remove it but the facility to to do has passed. I'm sorry about that. (I just thought I'd tag it on here to save starting a new topic - but, clearly, that was wrong).

Maybe Avant would be kind enough to remove it? Ta.

Edited by KB. on 05/12/2020 at 11:23

Dacia Sandero - New Model prices and offer - daveyK_UK
A quick google search confirms the Dacia Logan MCV is no more, production has stopped at the Morocco plant with no plans to build a new version.

So it’s the hatchback or the light SUV stepway versions only
Dacia Sandero - New Model prices and offer - badbusdriver

ORB has gently reminded me that my post about Sandero dimensions was out of order. I would remove it but the facility to to do has passed. I'm sorry about that. (I just thought I'd tag it on here to save starting a new topic - but, clearly, that was wrong).

Maybe Avant would be kind enough to remove it? Ta.

I wouldn't be unduly concerned KB, your post may not directly relate to why ORB started the thread, but it certainly isn't 'out of order'. More importantly, it could easily become relevant for someone considering a Sandero.

Like you say, the new one is a big chunk wider than the old one, so if anyone out there with a narrow drive might like the look of one (attracted by the prices/deals), that excessive width could well be the deciding factor.

Even if they do offer a two pedal option, which the old car never had, I wouldn't have one because of the width.

KB.. width is important, so don't feel bad.

yea I agree

together with the rubbish rip off described above, I have gone right off the brand

yea I agree

together with the rubbish rip off described above, I have gone right off the brand

Only curious, what is the rubbish rip off?

ORB

see my post about servicing above

see my post about servicing above

One of the disappearing posts, which has now appeared.

But (entirely separately) Kia don't do oil changes at the first service if less than 10,000 miles covered,

How many miles did your Dacia do?

not many (Covid eh)

I dont care what Kia say.

I wont be paying 160 quid for a cabin fliter again.

Dacia Sandero - New Model prices and offer - Steveieb
How far back do you need to go back to get a four cylinder engine under the bonnet?
I really don't like three cylinder engines after learning to hate the A2 Tdi three cylinder diesel.
Dacia Sandero - New Model prices and offer - Avant

"I wouldn't be unduly concerned KB, your post may not directly relate to why ORB started the thread, but it certainly isn't 'out of order'. More importantly, it could easily become relevant for someone considering a Sandero."

Agreed - no problem. Could well be relevant for people who actually want to put a car in their garage, and find that it was designed for a Ford Popular. They might reasonably think that a cheaper car might be narrower than others.

All the above received, thanks.

I was hoping someone would tell me it was a mis-print and it isn't, in fact, four and a half inches wider than the old one - but it hasn't happened (yet?)

Dacia Sandero - New Model prices and offer - badbusdriver

All the above received, thanks.

I was hoping someone would tell me it was a mis-print and it isn't, in fact, four and a half inches wider than the old one - but it hasn't happened (yet?)

No, it really is that wide!. I thought the Clio was wide enough at 1798mm, then the widest car in its class. Though looking at the pics, I suspect the wheel arch trims account for the extra width over the Clio. These are colour coded in the standard car and black on the Stepway.

Incidentally, the new Golf is 1789mm wide!.

^^^ Even the Duster is only a shade over 1800 (until they do a re-design and it gets bigger).

If they did an auto. Duster I might have looked a little closer at that - but they don't.

I just don't fancy forking out £25k or 30k on a fairly ordinary car seeing as how it'll undoubtedly halve in value within a couple of years. The DSG Yeti cost £15k in 2011 and, at the time, it seemed reasonable.

Hence me saying elsewhere that Fabias with the current discount look resonable value compared to most others - and Dusters and Sanderos look decent value given what we know about depreciation. - (provided you're not a petrolhead or a badge snob, that is). Whereas plenty mainstream, run of the mill, stuff now looks ridiculously expensive

No, sadly, not a misprint.

A LOT wider with mirrors.

Prices are good though.