F1 vs Snooker - mcb100
I wonder if Ronnie O’Sullivan still thinks F1 is about driving around in circles, one handed, whilst smoking a cigar?
F1 vs Snooker - nellyjak
I wonder if Ronnie O’Sullivan still thinks F1 is about driving around in circles, one handed, whilst smoking a cigar?

Probably...but then who takes any notice of his opinions.?

F1 vs Snooker - madf

Who is Ronnie O'Sullivan?

F1 vs Snooker - _

I like Ronnie, It is his own skill playing with the balls that makes him successful

And I am sure that this post has only appeared because of a near fatal incident in a boring (otherwise) procession of a man in a good car going round in circles.

That the said driver survived is excellent, but each to their own, some people only watch for the "incidents" and some people only watch for the artistry.

I'll stick to snooker.

F1 vs Snooker - Sofa Spud

Well, snooker is just hitting a ball with a stick, isn't it?

F1 vs Snooker - _

Bit like cricket or hockey or rounders.

Not that I am any good at any of them. (or driving round in circles)

F1 vs Snooker - Gerry Sanderson

i'm a;;for watching paint to dry.

dvd

F1 vs Snooker - madf

You mean like golf but with less walking?

F1 vs Snooker - _

I get the walking , but with the dog, and for a bit, earlier this year, with a walking stick...

And I am utterly and totally useless at Golf!

F1 vs Snooker - galileo

During a match of several frames, each player will walk round the table many times.

A full size table circumference is a little over 36 feet, so even half way round 100 times is a third of a mile.

Matches are usually 19 frames 1st round, 25 2nd round, 33 semi finals and 35 the final.

Adding all those up Rocket Ronnie has done a fair bit of walking over the years.

F1 vs Snooker - craig-pd130

It's common for sporting professionals to claim that their sport demands more concentration / effort than other sports.

So it's always refreshing to hear professionals in awe of another's achievement. Like Andy Murray, after watching Mo Farah win gold in the 10,000m in London 2012.

Murray said: "It's unbelievable, I run laps of the track in training. My personal best is 57 seconds, and his (Farah's) last lap was faster than that, and that was after he'd already run 24 laps .... "