Mazda CX5 - Engine issues - Marky321
Would be great to get some advice....
We bought a second hand car from a dealership a couple of years ago.
7 months after purchase the car developed an engine fault and had to be repaired which was done by a dealership. 5 months later another engine fault and this time we were told that the repair was incorrectly done so we took it back and had it repaired again. 9 months after this we have an engine fault again this time it could cost us thousands to correct. It’s now 2 years since we purchased the car and I’m wondering if anyone could advise me where we stand legally. The car has had a history of engine faults now. Does the dealership hold any responsibility?
Any advice would be ace!
Thank you
Mazda CX5 - Engine issues - mcb100
What was the original fault, and what year is the CX-5?
It’s a 2016 car, initially they said it was something to do with a sensor but now there is a whole list of issues which could cost in the thousands...
I was wondering whether it was an earlier car, which had an incompatibility between camshaft & followers, resulting in bits of metal ending up where they shouldn’t. There was a recall for that. Have you checked for any recalls for yours?
No I haven’t heard of that...do you have a link to any information about the recall?
I was also wondering if the dealership has any responsibility selling us a car which has so many issues now?
Thank you for your help by the way!
Have a look here -

www.gov.uk/check-vehicle-recall
Mazda CX5 - Engine issues - Ian D
Check for recalls. If not applicable are you talking about a main Mazda dealer and your car has a full Mazda service history? If yes the car is not far out of warranty and the fault history maybe started within the warranty period so they may pay up/contribute on a good will basis.

Edited by Ian D on 25/11/2020 at 04:18

Mazda CX5 - Engine issues - craig-pd130

Is it a petrol or diesel engine? Mazda's petrol engines are very good and reliable, on the whole.

However, the diesels have a terrible reliability record. What exactly are the faults that the dealers have been supposedly repairing?